Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values are getting really high

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep looking online and my December 2018 3 Awd with FSD is now worth $42k for trade in with Tesla. It's up $2k over a couple months ago. Makes buying a Y really tempting.

But hasn't the new retail price of a MY LR AWD also increased $2k in the same time frame? The base price was $49,990 and is now $51,990. It would be a net zero gain/loss based on those numbers.

Reactions: JPUConn
Just for sh*ts and giggles, I solicited a trade-in offer on my 2019 Stealth 3 — Tesla quote: $51k even. Stunning! I wasn’t thinking of selling but, now, hmmm…. I do love the Stealth but a Y would likely suit the family more. What to do—what to do…?

Reactions: JPUConn
Just for sh*ts and giggles, I solicited a trade-in offer on my 2019 Stealth 3 — Tesla quote: $51k even. Stunning! I wasn’t thinking of selling but, now, hmmm…. I do love the Stealth but a Y would likely suit the family more. What to do—what to do…?
With or without FSD? (I feel like people are going to get mad as i will ask it on every trade)

If i could trade my car in and spend 5k more to get a brand new M3P I sure would...

1621871035340.png

I just wanted to share my experience.
I bought a brand new 2018 Tesla model 3 Mid Range blue/black for $38k plus tax. Mileage is less than 15 miles. MSRP was $42k. No EAP or FSD.
I sold the original 18" rim and tires for $1200. I bought brand new 19" aftermarket rims + pirelli tires for a lot cheaper. I received federal tax credit too.
When the pandemic started, I sold it to a dealer for $37k. I did not have to buy anything from them.
In Jan 2021, I bought used 2018 model 3 LR RWD Red/Black with EAP for $34k plus tax.
In May 2021, I sold it to a dealer for $36k. Since I traded it in with 2021 brand new other brand, so I can use the sales tax credit. I don't think I can repeat this experience with other brand anymore in the future.

So I submitted a trade in estimate and chatted with a rep. She said the final figure would increase as I have fsd and acceleration boost. Fwiw I have a Dec 2018 AWD model 3 w 12k miles. Estimated value of 43.3k. Getting tempting esp if ev credits come in. Can anyone verify an increase in trade in value towards the final stages due to fsd or acceleration boost?

Anybody have recent experience with trading in to carvana? Have been getting trade in estimates and right now they are offering 47.9k for my grey/black stealth with basic AP. Wondering if they switch offer up depending on condition of vehicle, as I have some curb rash on two wheels and curious how picky they are about little stuff like that.

Anybody have recent experience with trading in to carvana? Have been getting trade in estimates and right now they are offering 47.9k for my grey/black stealth with basic AP. Wondering if they switch offer up depending on condition of vehicle, as I have some curb rash on two wheels and curious how picky they are about little stuff like that.
Carvana offered 42k. Tesla gave me 48k I’ve traded in 2 Teslas Tesla is always better than Carvana.