Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what the TA was indicating then, but the TA now is pointing towards more downside (of course, it is still only probabilistic outcomes and nothing is definite).

If you're going to trade (not advised) you have to use both "news" and technicals (TA). Even though the house may win most of the time, if you're going to play Blackjack, you still wanna learn the rules.

Certainly looks like 260 was candle toppy. I’m still not confident Q3 results are going to change anyone’s mind for the upside either. I might try some more 10:30-11am sniping from time to time in the near future again though who knows ;)

Just like last week, I sold my puts too early this week. But something is better than nothing I guess. If we get a bounce up into the 225 area tomorrow, I may play for some puts again. Seems to be making lower highs. Until 235 is definitively broken, we look to be in a short term downtrend.

I'm also a little cautious about the SEC dropping the hammer in the next week or two (re the solar production tweet). If there is anything there, my guess is that it will come out by then. It's approaching a month since the tweet. Otherwise, it was likely a nothing burger.

Sold 212.5 exp Aug30 puts @ $3.725 today. Let's see how that works out. I'm ok buying shares below $210.
Ha, ha... I'm actually thinking of buying those puts! I guess that's what makes a trade. But I'll probably wait till Friday or Monday. Wait for the theta decay to kill some premium. I usually only buy present week puts, but if you're selling it's good to sell later weeks, as you get that time premium. GLTY

Ha, ha... I'm actually thinking of buying those puts! I guess that's what makes a trade. But I'll probably wait till Friday or Monday. Wait for the theta decay to kill some premium. I usually only buy present week puts, but if you're selling it's good to sell later weeks, as you get that time premium. GLTY

I'm always nervous about picking up shares at a price that's too high, so I only write puts when the exercise price is something I'd buy. Usually means at least 1.5 weeks out.

Reactions: Antares Nebula
okay, crazy crap show premarket. But after things settled down a bit, I bought both a few 232.50 calls for 0.33, and 217.50 puts for 1.04. Most likely both will go to waste -- I've been making profit the last few weeks, so it's okay. The puts was my original plan, and I was able to get it cheaper today than yesterday. The calls are just in case there is some teeth to this rumor or another follow up rumor.

• Informative
Reactions: Nate the Great
Closed out my 220 calls and credit spreads today at a slight loss - and opened some up at higher strikes to hopefully remain slightly profitable on my trades this week. It's been a wild ride, and the bet that TSLA would turn more sharply downward this week did not pay off, so I'm going back to my previous tactic of selling OTM calls/spreads (which are hedged by my long shares and options).

Closed out my 220 calls and credit spreads today at a slight loss - and opened some up at higher strikes to hopefully remain slightly profitable on my trades this week. It's been a wild ride, and the bet that TSLA would turn more sharply downward this week did not pay off, so I'm going back to my previous tactic of selling OTM calls/spreads (which are hedged by my long shares and options).

I thought so too. But stocks always surprise. May have to wait for next week. Range is narrowing again. To perhaps state the obvious, looking for a break of below 210 or above 230 fairly soon.