Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Light option won't enable - says I need to download latest maps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got updated to a recent firmware and this option has been stuck like this. Any idea what to do? I'm working from home now so the car is in the garage continuously connected to WiFi all day.

MVIMG_20200723_090506.jpg

A couple thoughts:
- My wife's Model 3 seems to get get stuck sometimes trying to connect to wifi. It looks like it is connected, but my router will show several days of 0 bytes transferred. Rebooting the car clears the problem, and we'll sometimes "magically" get an update right after the reboot. No guarantee but easy enough to try.
- Anecdotally, the cars don't seem to like downloading map updates with a weak wifi connection (2 bars or fewer). I used to only get 1-2 bars in my garage and I ended up with a map download that started and never completed on my car. I finally added an access point in the garage, and the updated completed right away. Not everybody has the option to add an access point in their garage, but it was easy for me the way my house is laid out and actually helped with some other dead areas I had, too.

• Informative
Reactions: bbk3e
I had the exact same issue 1 day after receiving my HW 3.0 upgrade. I called Tesla support and they checked the car remotely and found that my side pillar cameras were not fully calibrated, even thought I completed the camera calibration the day before. We did a full power off, then a reset, then I drove the car for 30 miles, then late in the evening did another power cycle and reset, then charged the car overnight. In the morning the feature was able to be turned back on.

• Informative
Reactions: bbk3e