Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transfer reservation - scam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been discussed at length and I was under the understand there's no way of transferring a VIN to a 3rd party. If someone wants my reservation they have to pay me and get all the DMV taxes/fees on it.

Well someone has approached me and said they can contact a SA who can do this??!?! And they want my VIN. What could be up here?

From another thread earlier this month:

So I have a MY reservation that I have found someone who wishes to take the vehicle. When I called Tesla to request the transfer, the rep told me that as there will be a new owner, this change would be interpreted as a brand new order, and for some reason be placed at the back of the current queue.

This has been discussed at length and I was under the understand there's no way of transferring a VIN to a 3rd party. If someone wants my reservation they have to pay me and get all the DMV taxes/fees on it.

Well someone has approached me and said they can contact a SA who can do this??!?! And they want my VIN. What could be up here?
You can absolutely transfer reservations though not through an SA.

From what I heard, the "transferrer" needs to give the "transferee" password to their Tesla account basically. If there are other cars on that account, they would need to transfer them to another account first. Then the buyer can set their name as the registration person for the new car.

Reactions: ZzzzZ