Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trash at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrDabbles

Jul 28, 2017
NH, US
Hi all, I just stopped at the Dedham supercharger for the second time ever, and there was way too much trash on the wall where the chargers are. WAY too much.

Now I know this could be from other people parking in these spots, but the amount of trash where non-charging spots are located is much higher. So I'll offer this polite suggestion to anybody charging that may not want to make the 70 foot walk to the trash bin near the mall entrance.

If you feel you need to dispose of the trash from you car, and you can't be bothered to do it in a waste bin, consider disposing of yourself instead. There should be zero trash at these spots. Yourself included. If you see trash and aren't picking it up, the same applies. It's disgusting to see perfectly placed cups next to the chargers, up on the wall, and next to where people's doors would be. The outdoors is not your garbage bin, and the world is not your mother. Pick up after yourself, and pick up after others who can't be bothered. Do the bare minimum expected of you as a member of society.

/rant

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US, and those passing through to be with family.

Definitely Tesla owners. Few cups today at the Thousand Oaks charger perfectly placed along the curb

Surprisingly there is no trash can nearby, which there should be. But no excuse to leave your trash there

Reactions: DrDabbles
Hi all, I just stopped at the Dedham supercharger for the second time ever, and there was way too much trash on the wall where the chargers are. WAY too much.

Now I know this could be from other people parking in these spots, but the amount of trash where non-charging spots are located is much higher. So I'll offer this polite suggestion to anybody charging that may not want to make the 70 foot walk to the trash bin near the mall entrance.

If you feel you need to dispose of the trash from you car, and you can't be bothered to do it in a waste bin, consider disposing of yourself instead. There should be zero trash at these spots. Yourself included. If you see trash and aren't picking it up, the same applies. It's disgusting to see perfectly placed cups next to the chargers, up on the wall, and next to where people's doors would be. The outdoors is not your garbage bin, and the world is not your mother. Pick up after yourself, and pick up after others who can't be bothered. Do the bare minimum expected of you as a member of society.

/rant

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US, and those passing through to be with family.

Just an fyi, you may want to consider adding trash cans at Superchargers, like the Ontario Owners Club has done, installing one in Grimsby Ontario, on a deal with the property owner

Contact details in this thread: New garbage cans at Ontario SuperChargers
FA5F3FF2-A392-4BD9-9FF8-5782C4C8B7C9.jpeg

I wished I had gloves. :mad:

As long as you have 2 bags, you have a glove.

Bring bags, and you'll always get exercise and have something to do while Supercharging. :)

Not only would you clean up, but you'd make it less likely that other people will dump their trash. Most people don't want to be the first.

(On the occasions we head to the coast, I like to try to pick up trash while my wife looks in the rocks for sea life.)

Reactions: jlv1 and DrDabbles
Total per peeve of mine. I don't understand what is going on in someone's head that they think it is remotely acceptable to leave trash or throw trash out a window. So, hear, hear, don't be part of the problem and help as you can.

Tangent... When we visited New Zealand a few years ago that was one thing that struck me about the country, or at least the areas we visited, was that it was so clean and trash free. Even in a park with NO bins (you carry it in, you carry it out) it was pristine. The harbor at Queenstown was magnificent without a single piece of trash visible in or near the water and you could see to the bottom. In the US, places like these would have been a dump. Sigh...

Just an fyi, you may want to consider adding trash cans at Superchargers, like the Ontario Owners Club has done, installing one in Grimsby Ontario, on a deal with the property owner

Contact details in this thread: New garbage cans at Ontario SuperChargers
View attachment 483076

Here's the pathetic thing. There is a trash can probably 70 feet away at the entrance of the mall. So the people discarding trash like this are just the most pathetic, lazy, disgusting people you can imagine. You could put a barrel right where their car is and they'd still be repulsive and throw trash on the ground.

Tangent... When we visited New Zealand a few years ago that was one thing that struck me about the country, or at least the areas we visited, was that it was so clean and trash free. Even in a park with NO bins (you carry it in, you carry it out) it was pristine. The harbor at Queenstown was magnificent without a single piece of trash visible in or near the water and you could see to the bottom. In the US, places like these would have been a dump. Sigh...

Japan is very much like this as well. If you stop at a vending machine, you either dispose of your trash right where the machine is if there's a receptacle, or you carry it with you. There aren't randomly placed barrels like there are in the US. You're expected to not be a jerk, and clean up after yourself. Crazy novel idea, right? lol