Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Triangle/Triad to OBX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all.

I'm wondering if anyone has made the trip from the Triangle/Triad area to OBX (or nearby). If so, what was your route and charging strategy?

I'm a half-second away from confirming, and am walking through my few remaining hangups!

Thanks!

Haven't done it, but should't be a problem getting there, especially if you're using the SwanQuarter ferry. The key is finding a charger to refuel once you're there. A quick look at Plugshare shows a KOA campground 50A in Rodanthe. Doing a search of RV sites for "50 amp service" will probably yield a few more options. These correlate to NEMA 14-50 outlets. My one long range beach trip I arrived, charged overnight at an RV site, and then used the beach house 110 to stay topped off for the rest of trip. Rumors are about of a future Supercharger in Rocky Mount around US 64 and I-95.

Haven't done it, but should't be a problem getting there, especially if you're using the SwanQuarter ferry. The key is finding a charger to refuel once you're there. A quick look at Plugshare shows a KOA campground 50A in Rodanthe. Doing a search of RV sites for "50 amp service" will probably yield a few more options. These correlate to NEMA 14-50 outlets. My one long range beach trip I arrived, charged overnight at an RV site, and then used the beach house 110 to stay topped off for the rest of trip. Rumors are about of a future Supercharger in Rocky Mount around US 64 and I-95.

Judging by the supercharger map my guesses for the eastern NC chargers are Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount, and Plymouth. I'll be driving through Plymouth in mid October, I'll keep an eye out to see if they've started.