Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tried 3 different charging locations in one day - very happy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car yesterday. 140 km consumed. So I wanted to top up today by various locations.
First used the 13A home car park plug, was doing 10 km/hour. The 13A three legs plug was very hot. Felt like burning fingers.
2nd used the charger in Rumsey Street, was doing 40+km/hour using the blue cable. The connector was hot, and cable was very warm.
3rd place was the 3-phase 32A charger in IFC Two. 95km/hour using the blue cable. Connector was hot, and cable was very very warm. I did use the ev-link card to activate the process. However, I didn't see myself paying anything from the screen.

Did you install with dual chargers to get this rating?

Just got my car yesterday. 140 km consumed. So I wanted to top up today by various locations.
First used the 13A home car park plug, was doing 10 km/hour. The 13A three legs plug was very hot. Felt like burning fingers.
2nd used the charger in Rumsey Street, was doing 40+km/hour using the blue cable. The connector was hot, and cable was very warm.
3rd place was the 3-phase 32A charger in IFC Two. 95km/hour using the blue cable. Connector was hot, and cable was very very warm. I did use the ev-link card to activate the process. However, I didn't see myself paying anything from the screen.

Yes, I installed the dual charger just hours before getting the car.
It is not p85d, just a humble 85.

- - - Updated - - -

tried the supercharger today in Wanchai. 280~km/hour. Best thing is got two hours free parking bundled with that free charge. I'm a happy camper!

Enjoy more at these Model S-friendly car parks : [On-Going] Best Car Park List