Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Cards are back - Yea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is a trip card?
Screen capture from a year ago just before the Holiday Update. There were THREE that you could swipe left or right, the third one displayed tire pressures. It was a great and handy feature to have this info readily available. I found it useful during road trips.
LM3NqDt.jpg

Last edited:
So I was playing with the (re)New cards this AM & swiped DOWN to see if they disappear.
They DID.

Now I can't get them to reappear without rebooting the panel - which I do anyways after every update.

Hints anyone?
If you swipe the card down, you'll notice a new left-most icon in the bottom app area. Push that and the cards reappear.

So how do you get the trip card to appear following the latest release? I’ve tried swiping the visualisation screen all over without any success. But I have check boxes on the trip screen to select what trip information should be displayed on the cards. So I figure the cards ought to be available. They weren’t mentioned in my release notes though.

Reactions: beachmiles
So how do you get the trip card to appear following the latest release? I’ve tried swiping the visualisation screen all over without any success. But I have check boxes on the trip screen to select what trip information should be displayed on the cards. So I figure the cards ought to be available. They weren’t mentioned in my release notes though.

The left-most icon at the bottom of the screen is a musical note. It brings up the media player card. Swipe left to see the trip card and tire pressure card.

It took me about 200 miles to figure this out ....

The left-most icon at the bottom of the screen is a musical note. It brings up the media player card. Swipe left to see the trip card and tire pressure card.

Thanks. Hardly intuitive! I tried to find information about the ‘cards’ in the onscreen manual but failed - as usual when I try to ‘RTFM’. I recently searched to find the meaning of the ‘limited regeneration available’ warning light that I spotted for the first time. Took me ages to find the section on warning lights.

Reactions: beachmiles and KJD
Thanks. Hardly intuitive! I tried to find information about the ‘cards’ in the onscreen manual but failed - as usual when I try to ‘RTFM’. I recently searched to find the meaning of the ‘limited regeneration available’ warning light that I spotted for the first time. Took me ages to find the section on warning lights.

It really is not very intuitive.

I had the tire pressure card showing and swiped it down. In trying to get it to show again, I wasn't exactly looking for a musical icon.

Reactions: beachmiles
While its nice the trip cards are back, the time duration of the current trip is missing.... thats the most important/useful metric! why would they leave that out??

You may need to put a check in the check-box as shown in Post #9. Those check-boxes are a new feature and only some of them are checked by default.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

I can't find where you can put in or choose 'duration' other than the 'Current Trip"...

Also, sure would be REALLY handy if this was in the APP so you could see it while not in the car... But hey, I just got my Model Y and am still learning all sorts of things about it and I know I will find lots more too...

Biggest complaint is the seatbelt... I am 5' 9" (not short, not tall) and yet the seatbelt keeps riding on my neck instead of my shoulder... I have tried the seat in every possible configuration it will go, but, because the belt 'moves' with the seat, it never really changes as to the angle for the shoulder (or should I call it the NECK) strap... Never had this kind of issue with any of the (9 vehicles I have owned)...

But, as I said, so many things to learn...

I can't find where you can put in or choose 'duration' other than the 'Current Trip"...

Also, sure would be REALLY handy if this was in the APP so you could see it while not in the car... But hey, I just got my Model Y and am still learning all sorts of things about it and I know I will find lots more too...

Biggest complaint is the seatbelt... I am 5' 9" (not short, not tall) and yet the seatbelt keeps riding on my neck instead of my shoulder... I have tried the seat in every possible configuration it will go, but, because the belt 'moves' with the seat, it never really changes as to the angle for the shoulder (or should I call it the NECK) strap... Never had this kind of issue with any of the (9 vehicles I have owned)...

But, as I said, so many things to learn...
Shoulder belt attach point (anchor) is adjustable up and down. Search manual for "Shoulder Anchor Height".

So for us, we swiped them away, they were gone and nothing worked to get them back. Then we got a phone call and after that the cards came back. The next trip we again swiped away by accident, and ended up calling ourselves (than goodness there were two phones in the car!)

Thank you for sharing a less awkward way of getting the cards back!

Reactions: CaseyL
See post #9, I think that answers your question. In the regular Trips screen, check off "Show in Trips" card whichever ones you want.
In post 9, the screen showing the trip card doesn't show duration for current trip, just distance, kWh, and consumption. Like TomCooke9, I find it useful to know how long I've been on the road. I don't always remember exactly what time I got back onto the road when on a road trip and it can be useful in planning my next break.

Reactions: wanlord1