Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planner Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

simplesolid

Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof
Nov 12, 2016
Florida
Guys, I have seen the trip planner, however my question is there a option for roundtrips? It seems that the trip planner is configured to get me there, but not back. I am missing something? For example say I am going from here (Orlando) to Miami it has me getting there with 10% battery left, however I want to have enough battery power to drive around in Miami and make to the 1st Supercharger on the way back.

I think it assumes that I have a place to charge once I get to my destination, is there any configuration for this?

Basically I need to be able to get to my destination drive around and make back to the SC before the return trip.

Thanks,

I know that if you touch your destination it will tell you how much energy it will need to get back to the starting location. I thought it used to actually plan for that, but just trying it in my car now only shows the SOC remaining, not telling me to stop when it's negative. Perhaps it works but only if you are actually travelling. :confused:

My understanding: Range Assurance will not permit routing you to your destination if the destination is outside the reach of a supercharger, at least without a yellow or red warning icon on the battery icon.

I've never really tried it though.