Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble canceling turn signal after FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else struggling to cancel a blinking turn signal after disengaging FSD?

I’ve found that if the car sets the turn signal, then I disengage FSD before the turn is made, I can’t seem to immediately cancel the signal. Eventually I can do it, but it takes maybe 10 seconds before I’m successful.

This is on 10.3.1.

I’ve found that if the car sets the turn signal, then I disengage FSD before the turn is made, I can’t seem to immediately cancel the signal. Eventually I can do it, but it takes maybe 10 seconds before I’m successful.

This is on 10.3.1.
I have this issue too. I thought it was just updates to how the yolk turn signal controls changed in 2021.36.5.1+

Yep, totally having this issue (among other things that I wasn't expecting as an avid beta testing YouTube video consumer). I documented some of that here:

Yes, I believe the way to get rid of the stuck signal is to single-detent the other direction. Normally single detent in same direction will cancel, but in this case, I've found that only opposite will work. careful not to go to 2nd detent or else you actually turn on the opposite blinker.

I've also seen video evidence that the stuck signal is tied to TACC. If you disengage and TACC is still on, you can disable TACC with the right stalk, and the signal goes away. Hat tip to @AlanSubie4Life for demoing that in a video.

• Helpful
Reactions: coselectric
Same here. Another turn signal issue I have is when I approach a location where I know from previous experience that FSD will fail to signal so I put it on myself, I get Cannot perform Auto Lane Change messages until I've made it through the traffic control/turn.

This is on 10.3.1.
Yup, I noticed it this morning, too. :/