Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble Downloading Detailed Maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else having trouble getting the maps to update over WiFi?

I’m happy to say I have been receiving all of the latest updates - I am now at 2019.8.5 which is great. However, for some reason I can’t get the maps to download. The service folks had me do a couple of resets and shut off procedures to try and get the maps to download. No luck. One other note I am using a MiFi.

Many thanks.

How can you tell when you receive map updates?

Also, why do you think you need a map update? I read there was a large update last year, springtime. Are you receiving a message that you need an update?

One more question please how does the MiFi work for Teslacam videos? Does it instantly transfer them to your phone for viewing after the file gets written?

Thanks!

One more question please how does the MiFi work for Teslacam videos? Does it instantly transfer them to your phone for viewing after the file gets written?

AFAIK, the only way to view TeslaCam videos is to physically remove the USB drive on which they're stored and view them on another device. Of course, that could change in the future; but uploading them would consume bandwidth, and Tesla might want to avoid that, since they'd have to pay for it.