Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble Ordering TPMS Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm in Canada and attempting to get TPMS sensors from my local service centre (Oakville). Most of the shops I reached out to have told me to get the TPMS sensors from Tesla direct and they'll install them at no cost when I buy my winter setup.

Nobody from the service centre gets back to me. I've called multiple times (nobody picks up), left voicemails, emailed all the different address' listed. Nothing.

How are other people in the GTA able to get Tesla TPMS sensors? I don't even have my car yet but this is already off to a very poor experience compared to other brands I've owned....

I had a similar experience with parts not picking up the phone. I finally gave up and just went there and they happened to have the sensors and sold them to me. He sounded surprised that they were in stock. I believe they were $75 ea + tax.

Alas I won’t use them. I thought I was getting a winter wheel + tire set but ended up just ordering the Mich AS4s tires for the uberturbines and I wont need the sensors, so I would be willing to sell them at cost + shipping if you are interested.

I had a similar experience with parts not picking up the phone. I finally gave up and just went there and they happened to have the sensors and sold them to me. He sounded surprised that they were in stock. I believe they were $75 ea + tax.

Alas I won’t use them. I thought I was getting a winter wheel + tire set but ended up just ordering the Mich AS4s tires for the uberturbines and I wont need the sensors, so I would be willing to sell them at cost + shipping if you are interested.

Thanks for the reply. Let me try getting them locally first. Sounds like you're in the US so it probably makes more sense for you to sell them to someone there.

Reactions: Assquatch
Hi everyone,

I'm in Canada and attempting to get TPMS sensors from my local service centre (Oakville). Most of the shops I reached out to have told me to get the TPMS sensors from Tesla direct and they'll install them at no cost when I buy my winter setup.

Nobody from the service centre gets back to me. I've called multiple times (nobody picks up), left voicemails, emailed all the different address' listed. Nothing.

How are other people in the GTA able to get Tesla TPMS sensors? I don't even have my car yet but this is already off to a very poor experience compared to other brands I've owned....
I ordered through the Oakville location (it took 2 days to get an email response). They need your VIN before they’ll even tell you if they’re in stock, price etc.

Hey, I live in Westchester and I need a set. Are you ever in or near white plains?

I just stopped at the service center close to my place (St-Bruno near Montreal) they were in stock and left within 10 minutes with them.

He asked for my account phone number, and the invoice instantly appeared in my app.

Maybe you can swing by and say you want them before getting the car since it's linked to your account.

I just stopped at the service center close to my place (St-Bruno near Montreal) they were in stock and left within 10 minutes with them.

He asked for my account phone number, and the invoice instantly appeared in my app.

Maybe you can swing by and say you want them before getting the car since it's linked to your account.
Yeah, might be worth a try. I'm going to be in the area today so doesn't hurt. They're backlogged by a few weeks when I talked to them, so I'd rather place an order now and have them ready.

They really should be selling these from their website... such a basic thing when you've got bluetooth TPMS that nobody else seems to use.

I'm in Toronto and put in a "service request" on the app for TPMS -- they texted back and said just drop by the Service Center in person and pick them up (this was in early October). I stopped in one morning and they said they'd just gotten a new delivery of a bunch, and that they were selling quickly.

I was surprised I couldn't get them through their Store online.

Maybe you know the answer to this... I'm buying a set of Uberturbines off someone this weekend that just purchased a MYP and is swapping in aftermarket wheels. he is giving me the TPMS sensors with them. When I install them do I need to do anything special for my car to communicate with the new TPMS sensors?

If you still have these I would be happy to buy them. If so, shoot me an email at [email protected].

I picked my BT TPMS at the Vaughan location as they had stock. My Lawrence service centre was very accommodating and messaged me the numbers to call. All picked up and set up my rims at SimplyTire.

Attachments

• AB627888-963E-4D2E-854C-D9FB4D029EE6.jpeg
    AB627888-963E-4D2E-854C-D9FB4D029EE6.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 77