Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trunk opens half way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I’m not the only one who finds the half opening in the garage annoying. I want to love everything about my X but this trunk issue is really disappointing. Maybe they could add a feature where you could set the obstacle distance? I really miss the full opening of the hatchback in my S. :(

Reactions: Itsajyaknow
+1 for me as well. I set the "fully open at this location" in my garage and manually set the max height for the trunk as well and it never opens fully in my garage even though there is sufficient clearance.

my back trunk opens only about half way with the keyfob and with the control screen... to open it 'all the way', it has to be manually pushed open (vertically)... initially i thought it was while in a garage space, but the same occurs in an open parking lot. is this normal, or a mechanical error? any way to override like the falcon doors? thanks.

You can contact [email protected] about this. A service center may need to take a look too.

Here's a work around, although it requires an additional step: 1) If your trunk doesn't open to it's pre-set height, wait for it to open then 2) Click (do not hold) the "open trunk" button on the trunk again, this will override the overrhead sensors and open fully.

Same behavior with our MX. When the car is in the garage, the FWD’s and trunk door only open partially. An arc shaped line can be seen on the “doors” diagram of the MCU. If I back the car out, the doors still only open part way. The only way to have the door open fully is to leave the house completely, drive around and then come bank. If I don’t pull in the garage, the doors will open fully. The minute I pull in, back to partial opening. I believe this behavior is related to GPS based door positions.