TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trunk Organizer

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tfraley, Jun 5, 2019.

1. tfraley

tfraley Member

Hey guys,

I'm wondering what you guys are doing to organize your trunks.

Every morning I put my laptop back in the trunk and when I get to work I find it rolled around in the trunk.

I don't really need an organizer per say, but rather want to see what you guys are using and what options are out their.

2. TyH2009

TyH2009 Member

Maybe a silly question, but why not put your laptop (in a bag I hope at least) on your passenger seat or back seat?

3. Rayc17

Rayc17 Member

[​IMG] I

Purchased a couple of these at Costco when I saw them. Fits inside the lower trunk when not in use too.

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#4 BluestarE3, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    What about putting it in the trunk well? That's where I place my filled grocery bags to keep them from flopping over or sliding all over the place. This also allows you to leave the rear seats folded down while parked at higher-risk areas so would-be thieves can see into your trunk and not lust after your laptop. Of course, it's better to take your laptop with you whenever possible, but if you must leave it in the car, it's better not to have it plainly visible (on a passenger seat) or in an area that can be easily made visible (main trunk) by breaking the small window and flipping down the rear seat for a looky-look.

5. Stach

Stach Member

#5 Stach, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Or put it in the Frunk!
    1. Where it is out of site
    2. Safer from thugs (need to open it remotely)
    3. Has a far smaller space to slide around (plus there are popup handles to hold onto the bag).

6. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

I'm and we all are guilty of putting objects in the seats. However in an accident they can become deadly or debilitating projectiles, especially back seat items.

7. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

• Like x 1
  8. tfraley

tfraley Member

Lol yes its in a bag its not just thrown in the back ... lol..

9. Keelo Watts

Keelo Watts Member

The trunk well is perfect for transporting groceries, a carry-on bag upright plus personal item, and anything else you want to load and unload easily without having to worry about it sliding throughout the trunk. I just slide the cover panel forward and leave it there so the trunk well is always easily accessible. It doesn't ever move or slide backwards while driving.