Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm ordering these tires today for our Model S. Our last set was Michelin Primacy MXM4 All Seasons that have lasted about 35k miles. We drive very gently, never floor it, etc. I rotate tires every 6000-6500 miles. While the Pireli's may not last much longer, with a 70k tread warranty we should be able to get some credit toward our next set of tires when they wear out in a couple years. We have a separate set of rims with MIchelin X-ICE SNOW winter tires so I am not concerned with winter handling with the Pirellis. The Pirellis are also a lot cheaper than the Michelin Primacy MXM4 All Seasons. Discount Tire recommended the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons but they're also more expensive than the Pirellis & it seems like they would get worse efficiency. Since a lot of our miles are on road trips we definitely don't want tires that will increase our Wh/mi & thus make us wait longer at Superchargers.

I'm ordering these tires today for our Model S. Our last set was Michelin Primacy MXM4 All Seasons that have lasted about 35k miles. We drive very gently, never floor it, etc. I rotate tires every 6000-6500 miles. While the Pireli's may not last much longer, with a 70k tread warranty we should be able to get some credit toward our next set of tires when they wear out in a couple years. We have a separate set of rims with MIchelin X-ICE SNOW winter tires so I am not concerned with winter handling with the Pirellis. The Pirellis are also a lot cheaper than the Michelin Primacy MXM4 All Seasons. Discount Tire recommended the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons but they're also more expensive than the Pirellis & it seems like they would get worse efficiency. Since a lot of our miles are on road trips we definitely don't want tires that will increase our Wh/mi & thus make us wait longer at Superchargers.
Did you get the tires? Do you like them

I've ordered them but not installed them yet. This summer our Michelins have decided to not go through any tread... based on how quickly they wore through tread from 10/32 to 5/32 I thought they would quickly be down to 3/32 this summer. But in 15,000 miles this summer they have only gone from 5/32 to 4.5/32. I did pay for the Pirelli tires already because I thought I'd need them sooner, but in reality I'll probably have Discount Tire mount the new Pirellis on our summer rims when I have them swap our summer & winter rims. So we won't have experience driving on the Pirellis until next spring I imagine.

We got them installed a few weeks ago. Right now we're seeing about a 10-15% hit to efficiency, but new tires will always have higher rolling resistance than ones that only had 3/32" or 4/32" of tread left.
I just got a set a few weeks ago. So far I really like them. I'm coming from multiple sets of the Michelin MXM4s, which have become much more expensive all of a sudden so I decided to give these a try. So far so good, we'll see how they wear. Efficiency has been quite good.
Now that it's been another month what do you think of them? Are you happy with the choice? We're about to switch over to our winter tires so then we won't use the Pirellis again until spring.

Now that it's been another month what do you think of them? Are you happy with the choice? We're about to switch over to our winter tires so then we won't use the Pirellis again until spring.
So far so good, they've stayed quiet, have a good ride, and are sporty enough for my needs. I have about 4,000 miles on them. I've noticed they do tramline just a bit on grooved concrete freeway surfaces, but that seems to be getting better as they wear in.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
We found the Pirellis had significantly higher consumption, but that’s to be expected in the beginning. We switched to our winter tires & they’re more efficient than the Pirellis right now. We’ll see next spring how the Pirellis do.

Well, I would absolutely NOT recommend the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II. They only lasted 26k miles and are down to 3/32 or 2/32 per Discount Tire. They also were always less efficient than the previous Michelins, resulting in longer Supercharger stops & increased electricity consumption. Our next tires will be the Hankook iON evo AS. I hope they’re better than the Pirellis & also better than the previous Michelin Primacy MXM4 All Seasons.