Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to be a polite Tesla Model 3 driver but ICE cars are soooo slow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why stop there, can we get our own roads?

I actually think there's a pretty good chance of this happening in the next decade. Not for EVs specifically, but for Autonomous cars.

With their faster reactions and digital precision, you can put more cars down a lane closer together with no increase in risk, and avoid the rolling jam phenomenon.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte and adaptabl
I don't feel it any differently than the Highlander I sold when I got my 3. I guess I always have a lead foot.

The right lane is the fast lane these days on any day in the northeast US. I see drivers regularly turn into the left lane with nobody ahead of them in the right lane. It makes no sense but that's the new culture. And most of the times, they are not millenials but folks 30 and above.

I think the main reason for it is that they are usually on their phones and do not want to be bothered with distracting lane changes everytime they want to pass somebody.
Yeah, it's just people that don't want somebody in front of them to deal with.

Excerpt from my post in another thread ;)

upload_2018-8-27_12-20-25.png

Reactions: Pkmmte and MXWing
From the otherside...non-Tesla folks like cutting in front of Tesla's that are on Autopilot...tooooo easy.....

Tesla needs an "aggressive driver" setting for autopilot. when it detects someone speeding up in the lane next to you, it floors it to prevent them from getting over in front of you...believe this would be called "dick mode" which pairs nicely with ludicrous mode.

I'm running into a lot of slow Model 3 drivers in the fast lane. i had my suspicions this might happen when i found an article last month stating that one of the top 5 cars turned in for the Model 3 was the Prius. I'm convinced these half-breed converts will also bring over their terrible driving habits and have made it my personal mission to always drive a little faster than the flow of traffic to offset the Prius converts.

Isn't that the truth! They think they own the HOV lane and can go 5 under in it.

I've only had mine less than a week, but I still haven't gotten used to the restricted rear view. I'm used to a very clear rear view, so every lane change is a bit of a "hmmm" moment.

Tesla's blind spot warning system isn't great at the moment - I'm expecting it to get a lot better on AP2+ before too long, by using a DNN on the fender cameras to identify cars, or at least objects moving with you on the road.

Won't help my AP1 X, though. My last two cars had aspheric mirrors on both sides, which I loved so much (required equipment for the passenger side in Europe, the inner two thirds are a flat mirror and the outer third rolls away so it shows the whole blind spot.

I haven't found a source for them for the Tesla, though, so what I did is put a big (3"x3"?) Corner bubble stick on on each side mirror. Ugly and not heated, but it shows me what I actually need to see - blind spots and where things are when parking.