Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to be a polite Tesla Model 3 driver but ICE cars are soooo slow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been driving for 20+ years, and every year it's SLOWER and SLOWER.

The worst is being behind a Prius at a stop light. Or actually being behind the car that's behind a Prius because then I might not make the light.

Prius drivers tend to be the worst because the car made a game out of ECO-Driving.

I'm hoping that EV's like the Model 3 will turn the tide the other way where people get on it. But, it probably won't because people can't multitask coffee drinking, texting, and driving at the same time.

From the otherside...non-Tesla folks like cutting in front of Tesla's that are on Autopilot...tooooo easy.....

I had that happen to me today. Was enjoying the "more cowbell/rainbow highway" when this guy swerved into the car pool lane, then swerved back in front of me. :) Didn't buy him much because there was a big slowdown, at one of the usual hot spots, not far ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: seattlite2004
Only had a test drive so far but I immediately felt “back home” from when I had a motorcycle. I noticed I even sub-consciously was holding other cars in place w/my finger to keep them out of the lane where I was about to go.

Yeah, I know I’m not actually controlling them but it’s what I always did to be ready if they did something unexpected so I could evade them lane changing over me.

“Always accelerate into a lane change.” Words to live by in driving and in life. Less chance of getting run over from behind because you “cut them off”.

Tesla needs an "aggressive driver" setting for autopilot. when it detects someone speeding up in the lane next to you, it floors it to prevent them from getting over in front of you...believe this would be called "dick mode" which pairs nicely with ludicrous mode.

What do you think Mad Max mode is?
:D - yes it’s a mode on Elon’s FSD car.

Ahh so nice to be in the far left lane, cross 4 lanes of traffic at a red, pause a second at each lane to not be a douche and then hit the freeway ramp while everyone is far back.

Hit 90 mph unintentionally as I was merging. Oops.

@KenF I used to loath stopping at red lights when I drove gas cars. Now with EVs, I actually like stopping and getting to accelerate again.

For fun, I will often try and accelerate the same as the gas car next to me when we are first in line at a light. After the first 2 seconds, I can't take it anymore and I pull-away. The thing I noticed too is that when accelerating the same as them, as soon as they shift gears, they drop-back a lot. It's so hard to accelerate slowly in an EV. Just look in your rear view mirror next time you pull-away at a light and the cars are always 100's of yards back in a few seconds and this is with normal "light" acceleration.
I really can’t wait for my P3D...

Only had a test drive so far but I immediately felt “back home” from when I had a motorcycle. I noticed I even sub-consciously was holding other cars in place w/my finger to keep them out of the lane where I was about to go.

Yeah, I know I’m not actually controlling them but it’s what I always did to be ready if they did something unexpected so I could evade them lane changing over me.

“Always accelerate into a lane change.” Words to live by in driving and in life. Less chance of getting run over from behind because you “cut them off”.

This.

I drive everything as if I were still on a motorcycle and the slightest error could result in my demise.