Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA 0% Unsecured Cash Loans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation Deposits:
$40,000.00 Tesla Model X Signature Edition
$ 1,000.00 Model 3

Both Models X & 3 were promoted with MSRPs far below their actual MSRPs (bait & switch?), consequently, I couldn’t afford either. Nonetheless, encouraged to test drive a Model X, roundtrip from Jacksonville, FL to Charleston, SC this, otherwise, leisurely eight hour journey became a harrowing three day expedition because this Model X’s trip computer didn’t allow for the optional ‘supersized’ wheels and tires, which significantly reduced range.

This 490 mile roundtrip required Tesla SuperCharger and 110, or greater, charging including a motel’s 110 holiday light cord (thank you Econo Lodge!) and motoring the Interstate at 40 MPH with all but the most essential electrical loads switched off (a ‘bit’ embarrassing). My contribution to this situation was gleefully demonstrating the gull-wing doors, to curious passersby, not knowing the toll they were eXacting.

While preparing for this adventure, and placing items in the middle seat, the left gull-wing door closed on my service-connected (military) tortured legs and, while briefly parked on the right side of a one-way street in Savannah, GA, the left driver’s door opened, into oncoming traffic, as I approached.

I’ve been unable to work for one-quarter century yet enthusiastically support Mr Elon Musk, whom I truly admire, respect, and always will, despite TSLA’s indifference for the all-too-many times I requested repayment of my 0% unsecured cash loans.

Nonetheless, thank you Mr Elon, for being the most essential, ‘Musk’ needed, greatest of industrialists who has, is, and all-ways will ‘lead’ the World toward a sustainable Spaceship Earth, exploration of the Infinite Universe, and survival of all life therein.

Confusing post.

What does your free test drive have to do with the pricing of the X signature edition and 3 deposits? As mentioned in other threads, deposits do not constitute a loan to Tesla (the money is escrowed, Tesla isn't using it) and they are refundable at any time.

You haven't been able to work for 25 years yet you placed a $40,000 deposit?

MSRPs are exactly in line with what was promised. Model 3 starts at $35k. Model X starts at $5000 more than a similarly equipped Model S. That's what Elon promised and that's what pricing is.

If you opened up the energy app, it would have told you in real time whether you had enough range to make it to the next supercharger. Navigation would have also routed you through superchargers automatically.

Falcon Wing Doors don't close on their own. Maybe you inadvertently pushed the falcon wing door button on the keyfob while it was in your pocket? If yes, that's not a Tesla problem.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
When I returned my Model X within the return window, I received every last penny back in less than a month, including the deposit. The deposit was refunded to my credit card and the remainder I received by a cheque that was Fedexed to me (normally I believe they're just mailed). Maybe you're not asking the right person to refund your money?

Confusing post.

What does your free test drive have to do with the pricing of the X signature edition and 3 deposits? As mentioned in other threads, deposits do not constitute a loan to Tesla (the money is escrowed, Tesla isn't using it) and they are refundable at any time.

Merely telling my story, in one post, while bedridden.

You haven't been able to work for 25 years yet you placed a $40,000 deposit?

Unemployable for 18 years, at that time, due to service-connected (military) 100% disabilities, keeps one from activity and spending, thus, also my 850 credit score.

I placed the $40,000 Model X Signature Reservation on Mr Elon Musk’s birthday, 28 June 2012, in direct support of him, when I “should” have invested in TSLA Stock; my bad. What would TSLA stock be at it’s subsequent peak?

MSRPs are exactly in line with what was promised. Model 3 starts at $35k. Model X starts at $5000 more than a similarly equipped Model S. That's what Elon promised and that's what pricing is.

Definitely NOT when the MSRP was ~ $85,000 but the purchase price was $150,000+.

If you opened up the energy app, it would have told you in real time whether you had enough range to make it to the next supercharger. Navigation would have also routed you through superchargers automatically.

I did which is how I knew I was achieving poor range. Nonetheless, I set out, for Thanksgiving, without any instructions.

Falcon Wing Doors don't close on their own. Maybe you inadvertently pushed the falcon wing door button on the keyfob while it was in your pocket? If yes, that's not a Tesla problem.

Agree.

When I returned my Model X within the return window, I received every last penny back in less than a month, including the deposit. The deposit was refunded to my credit card and the remainder I received by a cheque that was Fedexed to me (normally I believe they're just mailed). Maybe you're not asking the right person to refund your money?
How long / many miles did you drive your vehicle? Maybe Tesla can do that for me given my significant losses to America and Tesla.

Definitely NOT when the MSRP was ~ $85,000 but the purchase price was $150,000+.

MSRP and purchase price for the least expensive but fully loaded Model X (Long Range, aka 100D) is now $88,000, but they did have Model X 75D and 60D for even less (as low as $74,000) back in July 2016, just a few months after production started to ramp. So unless you absolutely had to have a Model X in late 2015 or early 2016, it would be incorrect to say that you couldn't buy a Model X for $85k.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.09.18 PM.png