Well, I can only go by my own experience:I have to 100% disagree with that, been a previous BMW owner and we bought my wife a brand new Lexus, my personal experience is the Tesla pre sale and after sale support in the UK is leagues better than anything I experienced with BMW which is worse than Nissan, and even better than the service we got from Lexus.
Maybe things have changed since we took delivery but I simply don't recognize the description some people portray Tesla customer service. All my experience with Tesla customer service has been top class.
- I received virtually no information on delivery status after ordering - no tracking, no build status. Just radio silence.
- My delivery appointment was received less than a week before the date. I felt forced to accept given other people's experience of losing their car allocation if they tried to re-arrange.
- I had issues with the final invoice and then once correctly received I wanted to process a test transaction before sending the full amount. All my attempts to contact Tesla on these issues resulted in a lot of time waiting on the phone, or sending e-mails that never received a reply.
- When trying to order accessories before delivery (an extra plate and a 32A commando socket), all I had was an e-mail address and it took 4 days to get to the point of talking to someone to place an order.
- I tried several times to get a reg number, only to get it by accident when I ordered the accessories (the guy taking the accessories order told me).
- The collection process itself clearly showed signs of pressure. There was a group presentation to maybe 20 people and then we were shown to our cars in groups of three. We all sat in the car whilst the handover guy shouted instructions to us through open windows and we had to put a thumbs up to show we'd understood. 5 mins and then time to say bye-bye, pronto. Not much of a ceremony for a £50k car.
- When I raised the problem with the front bumber asymmetry, the guy completely dismissed my comments and said it was "within spec". Couldn't wait to get me out the door.
- I've decided in the end I've decided to see if I can get the alignment fixed. First appointment is a month away.
- I'd like to know whether the service appointment is something that can be done while I wait or not. There is no-one to call to ask the question.
- I've got problems now with the phone app (dropping my car from the account and forcing a new logon). I can't find anywhere where I can talk to someone about this.