Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA buyback / dividends

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't be a 3:1 share dividend unless Tesla amends their corporate bylaws, which as of the last 3:1 split is nearly maxxed out for authorized shares.

You know what would move the SP? A cash dividend (even a pittance), since that would smoke out all the phantom share issued and off-shored over the past, what, 6 years? WAG, i bet there's 2 counterfeits for every legit TSLA shares, most of which have been bounced off-shore out of SEC/FINRA reporting requirements.

Those buggers will still have to pay cash though, and make it a lightning quick surprise! Don't give the dirty fraudsters even 30 days to scrape up some cash. What's the legal minimum? Back in Aug 2020, the 5:1 share dividend was done with 3 weeks notice.

Tesla spent $8.9B in CAPEX in 2023 (the highest ever) and still had $4.4B of cash left over.
I am Buyback agnostic; I can make a case for it and against it BUT I do believe that if Tesla generates around $2B in FCF by end of Q2, that would provide enough confidence to announce a buyback if share price is still low.
They will always have access to the capital markets . . .a strategy to buyback stock at $200 a share and later do an offering at $400 a share is not a bad thing.

View attachment 1012053

No, it's shortzes running for the exit. They don't have $$Bs in cash to cover the dividends they now own on any shares they borrowed... SURPRISE! Some could have been reborrowed, and sold over and over. It's all legal in Wall-E world... :p

Plus they could have moved naked shorts offshore on which they'll also have to pay dividends to a real somebody in the U.S.

Its a wobbly house of cards, this Mkt Cap thing, and supported by the flimsiest of Madeoffs... /x