Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those guys and getting a bit nervous now...

I'm one of those guys too, but I'm not nervous. I have to get realistic and accept that I'll probably have to do a deferral. Possibly even cancel and purchase in a year or two. I'm disappointed, but not giving up on getting a Model S. I want its larger size and probably wouldn't be happy with the Bluestar.

I'm one of those guys too, but I'm not nervous. I have to get realistic and accept that I'll probably have to do a deferral. Possibly even cancel and purchase in a year or two. I'm disappointed, but not giving up on getting a Model S. I want its larger size and probably wouldn't be happy with the Bluestar.

This might be a bit off topic, but my understanding is that the Model S is/will likely be the safest sedan on the road. Does that matter to any reservation holders? It seems like that would be a big + to buyers/investors.

Seems maybe it bottomed out at 25.52 and now slowly climbing again (right now 26.17) , even though the NASDAQ as a whole has continued to dip during the day.

I was quite happy with purchased I made last week that took my cost basis down to below $29 but buy I should have waited... no way I saw this coming. When it drops like this you can always make up reasons in retrospect, but really, did anyone here expect such a deep dip? Anyway, I'm gonna hold my core position now but from buys last week I'm probably a bit overexposed on TSLA so will try to sell some when we get over $31 (next year? :))

Note the Nov/Dec left shoulder, April head and June/July right shoulder... Support at $26 and then $22

TeslaWeekley.png

Attachments

• TeslaWeekley.png
    TeslaWeekley.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 512
Looks like the fire sale might be coming to a close. I wanted to get in yesterday when it was in the mid-hi 25's, but it took me until this morning to get they money moved around, had to settle for about $27 by the time I was able to get the trade in. I'm long Tesla and its still significantly below my average buy, and I'm happy with the price since I don't expect it to stay around here, but its always a bummer to miss the bottom of the dip.

Ok, we had some good news from George B and we had a good jobs report today. Everything looks like we hit the bottom, right? For those that bought under $27, maybe it is time to consider selling some August covered calls. Take a look at the August $28, $29 and $30. There is huge volatility in TSLA so, if you are long, you can earn the premium, maybe get called away and lock into some profits. Even if $25.50 was the 'bottom', the volatility could see $26 before we see $30.

The August options expire two weeks from today, so one could earn a good return in that time. Covered calls are good to consider when you are long on a stock ...

Indeed! Just covered my short on the August 25$ puts, they dropped 50% from where I got in yesterday...

Ok, we had some good news from George B and we had a good jobs report today. Everything looks like we hit the bottom, right? For those that bought under $27, maybe it is time to consider selling some August covered calls. Take a look at the August $28, $29 and $30. There is huge volatility in TSLA so, if you are long, you can earn the premium, maybe get called away and lock into some profits. Even if $25.50 was the 'bottom', the volatility could see $26 before we see $30.

The August options expire two weeks from today, so one could earn a good return in that time. Covered calls are good to consider when you are long on a stock ...

Status
Not open for further replies.