Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just overly ambitious I think, which was true with the Roadster release date and the Model S release date,
I've been telling people 4-5 years for the Gen3 when they ask me about a more affordable model. If Tesla comes in earlier, that's awesome, but the scale of prep for Gen 3 is quite a bit beyond the Model S. Tesla has a factory with space, but they'd still need a bunch of new presses, robots, etc and complexities with suppliers that'll dwarf those of the Model S.

I would not think as bad as the R or the S. The G3 has the advantage of a building. They shopped NM and then jumped to NUMI and lost a year just in that shuffling. They have factory build team on staff and potentially working on the X and G3 build-out now. I would credit and delay of the G3 to waiting for battery tech to hit spec,

We've been waiting for you. No really significant developments. We're still waiting/hoping for a big short squeeze.

Well, here I am....

On vacation and on a road trip in the US of A!

I left from Montreal about a week ago, visited 13 states so far, I should be in California beginning of next week :)

Anyone knows if they still give guided tour of the factory?

Only down sides to my trip so far: 1. I'm burning fuel and 2. Why is it so cold in this country?

Hello from Texas!

Wow. The author obviously uses this web site and has been drinking the same Kool-Aid as the rest of us.

Or even more. Tesla shouldn't be expected to become profitable in Q1, only (hopefully) that the numbers will show that it is becoming profitable. For example, they'll surely have to do some more hiring and training, which AFAIK always incurs additional costs in the beginning. The dust of ramping-up surely hasn't settled yet. They probably still pay higher supplier prices until they become a regular "consumer" of supplier resources at production level. They may still be changing, improving, and adjusting production in many ways.

perhaps this is optimism on my part, but I find the news that Tesla will open 25 new stores in 2013 suggestive of a plan to increase production for the S, substantially.

they are near sold out for all of 2013 based on the waiting list. reservations were at about 80-90 per day in December (when you back out year end rush to beat price increase), or 30-35,000 cars per year, just in the U.S.

If the company is not planning to scale up production substantially, why would you get those stores in place in the next 12 months given you're production is well behind demand?

Is anyone here as surprised as I am about how Tesla's stock is trading? Not the price level, but the volatility. Given that Tesla is an extremely ambitious startup in a crowded market, with a large short interest and small free float, its share price should swing like crazy. Especially as new information becomes available all the time. For example, recently there have been indications that the company reached its 2012 delivery target and that the company's cash position is OK. But the stock hardly moves! In fact, most days it more or less flatlines after a few hours of +-1% swings.

What's up?

Is anyone here as surprised as I am about how Tesla's stock is trading? Not the price level, but the volatility. Given that Tesla is an extremely ambitious startup in a crowded market, with a large short interest and small free float, its share price should swing like crazy. Especially as new information becomes available all the time. For example, recently there have been indications that the company reached its 2012 delivery target and that the company's cash position is OK. But the stock hardly moves! In fact, most days it more or less flatlines after a few hours of +-1% swings.

What's up?

i think its the silence before the storm

Status
Not open for further replies.