Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most analyst firms maintain a price target for the stock in the range of $42-45, so that is my expectation for the stock price by year end.
Somewhere I asked what the time frame is for these sorts of targets, and someone said 12 to 18 months. I think it's more realistic to expect the 42 to 45 price to be reached around the middle to end of 2013 than by the end of this year, though it's certainly possible, given the volatility, that it'll jump up sooner.

In the event that a squeeze could happen, I just put in a 30-day limit order to sell a portion at a ridiculously high price. I'm long TSLA, but I'd like to take advantage of a squeeze, if/when it happens.

(Please do not base any of your investment decisions on what I do ... that would be laughable. Seriously.)

In the event that a squeeze could happen, I just put in a 30-day limit order to sell a portion at a ridiculously high price. I'm long TSLA, but I'd like to take advantage of a squeeze, if/when it happens.

(Please do not base any of your investment decisions on what I do ... that would be laughable. Seriously.)

Pray tell what that ridiculously high price might be?! I won't hold you responsible for any subsequent gains that we would have missed out on :)

Anyone know the odds of a Model S recall are?

They seem to be quite common but the press will make a big deal about it if it happens the the Model S.

There was a tiny recall of the Roadster that tried to take off but never sprouted wings.

$55 In my wildest squeeze scenario. Otherwise, I'll just stay long, tyvm.

I am hoping for some decent press and maybe an associated upgrade or two will trigger the short squeeze in the next two weeks. I would see the "sell" recommendations moving to "hold" while the dust settles. Might even get some brave analysts actually upgrade to "buy".

I've been thinking the same thing Bonnie, but I have no idea what a possible spike value would be. Then I'd want to repurchase when the prices drops to a more reasonable value again.

$55 In my wildest squeeze scenario. Otherwise, I'll just stay long, tyvm. (I currently hold 3000 shares, this order is only for a portion.)

Again. Laughable (yes, I see some of you doubled over :) ) to base your investment decisions on my actions.

A squeeze in 30 days seems a bit soon. I think the squeeze will come when there is a confirmation of a good sales trend, end of summer maybe.

Meanwhile so many might be ready for a short squeeze, that the smallest spike might cause immediate counteractions (and maybe even cause a dip). Some Tesla skeptics who say what they think, used to claim that Tesla wouldn't be able to get production ready, now claim that there'd be problems finding new demand after the 10k reservations.

That should be a banner warning over this entire thread: Do not base investment decisions on what any of us are doing.

I currently hold 3000 shares
Wow. That makes my 200 seem piddling. I'm not going to follow your example, mainly because if I did sell any shares at 55 it would probably just go up from there. OTOH, just in case it takes another big dip, I've got an order in to buy another 50 if it hits $25.

Somewhere I asked what the time frame is for these sorts of targets, and someone said 12 to 18 months. I think it's more realistic to expect the 42 to 45 price to be reached around the middle to end of 2013 than by the end of this year, though it's certainly possible, given the volatility, that it'll jump up sooner.

Morgan Stanley's time frame for price target is 12 to 18 months. They infamously cut their price target to $44 from $70 on December 8, 2011 and the stock dropped 37% that day.

They raised it by one dollar to $45 on May 9th, few weeks ago, but does that mean the time frame moved out another 6 months?

If so, then you're right, it would be mid- to late 2013 to reach $45 but I don't think I can wait that long. I need to sell to pay for my Model S, unfortunately.

Last edited:
$55 In my wildest squeeze scenario. Otherwise, I'll just stay long, tyvm. (I currently hold 3000 shares, this order is only for a portion.)

Again. Laughable (yes, I see some of you doubled over :) ) to base your investment decisions on my actions.

If you're preparing for that scenario, I suppose you should be equally prepared for the opposite scenario and put in a stop order to limit your losses. What if the stock plunges to $10 / share due to some unforeseen events? May seem unlikely to a lot of us folks, but it could happen. I don't know what your basis is, but you're sitting on about $90k worth of TSLA stock now. Would be unfortunate to see that lose $60k in value, or roughly the cost of a Model S.

Status
Not open for further replies.