Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph,

I seem to recall that you thought something was going to be happening with shorts last night.

Nothing noteworthy?

Yeah. Just lost my shorts after looking at the latest numbers:

TSLA Short Interest
Settlement Date

Short Interest

Avg Daily Share Volume

Days To Cover

6/29/2012

6/15/2012

5/31/2012

Read more: Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com

Shorts will loose their shirts.

Well, I hope it's the shorts that are, but I don't really understand anything. It just seems that expecting anything to happen in just a few weeks or a month is just gambling.

I'm not so sure?

with people on the right coast and central US being able to finally get a hands on S... should go a little crazy
Isn't this the first time the days to cover has dropped that low?

edit: I guess not the first, hmm .. but 1/2 of the previous days to cover #...interesting, what does it all mean? (I should have more Tsla?)

I'm not so sure?

with people on the right coast and central US being able to finally get a hands on S... should go a little crazy
Isn't this the first time the days to cover has dropped that low?

edit: I guess not the first, hmm .. but 1/2 of the previous days to cover #...interesting, what does it all mean? (I should have more Tsla?)

Days to cover don't mean much. It's an hypothetical number giving you an idea of how long it would take, with the average last 15 days volume, for ALL shorts to cover.

It's impossible to know the real number until it happend. And if it happend very suddenly, in an uncontrolled panic kinda way, it gets more interesting.

This is easily my favorite thread on the website, but I have one suggestion to make.

Anytime you start a post with something like "Wow look at what the market did" please include some facts, like the stock is up 3% in just a few hours, or shorts have increased by another 1 million. It's hard to read a post thats a few days old and then try to understand what the poster is referencing.

That's all from me. Back to making money!

This is easily my favorite thread on the website, but I have one suggestion to make.

Anytime you start a post with something like "Wow look at what the market did" please include some facts, like the stock is up 3% in just a few hours, or shorts have increased by another 1 million. It's hard to read a post thats a few days old and then try to understand what the poster is referencing.

That's all from me. Back to making money!

Ok, I get it, you want us to do the dirty job so you can have it easy? You want us to feed you for free??

Days to cover in the long term is meaningless (as Steph says), it's only good if you're looking short term IMO. It's only a function of the average daily volume and when you look at that over a year, it's easy to see why the days to cover jumps about:

Untitled.jpg

This is the chart that's meaningful:

Untitled.jpg

1. Tesla needs to a much more serious trading volume if there is to be a sustained higher level.
2. Sooner or later, the short "bubble" will burst.

Last edited:
Ok, I get it, you want us to do the dirty job so you can have it easy? You want us to feed you for free??

Not at all, but it's just confusing to follow sometimes. For example, Daniel said this earlier,

Wow, I go out for the few hours the market is open, and look what happens. Well, I did say "if."

And I have little idea to what he is referencing. As a finance major, I love looking at numbers all day long, but when others have commentary I like to try to follow along with what they're analyzing as well.

Days to cover in the long term is meaningless (as Steph says), it's only good if you're looking short term IMO. This is the chart that's meaningful:

View attachment 7612

1. Tesla needs to a much more serious trading volume if there is to be a sustained higher level.
2. Sooner or later, the short "bubble" will burst.

That's a pretty scary graphic. If I was short, I woul pee in my panties just looking at it.

You do know that going on about operating systems and then adding a throw-away reference to the thread topic isn't really staying on topic, right? :biggrin:
It was the stuff about computers that was the throw-away. The roller coaster comment was the topic of my post. :biggrin:

Shorts are completly insane or is it me?
Only time will tell.

No, he just doesn't want to have to read the thread in real time. :wink:

I am a Tesla customer, but I have declared my house an "Apple Free Zone". I went so far as to set up my WiFi router to not allow connections from Apple branded devices. If Apple were to buy Tesla, I might have to start looking at other cars (Let's just hope this does not happen, because I REALLY want a Model S)

We think very much alike. I have a pellet gun and I target anyone walking by my home wearing green. Saint Patty's is my favorite.

{that was sarcasm}

Status
Not open for further replies.