Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I jumped back in today, and am in it for the long haul. By timing the fluctuations I was able to increase my position by about 50% (I know, I didn't do that good over the last year but better than nothing) so here's hoping the best for the successful launch.

I don't know beans about what makes stock prices move, but I think there will be a general upward trend over the course of a year or two as the Model S moves in significant numbers. While the assumption of a successful roll-out may already be built into the current price of the stock, I expect an emotional reaction as people see the Model S on the road. That won't happen all of a sudden. It will be gradual as people become aware of the car. Not so long ago, the public perception was electric car = golf cart. Yesterday I was at a light with the windows open and I heard someone at a bus stop say "That's a Tesla." People are becoming aware of the company, but so far it's a low-volume sports car. The S will move perception, and I expect that to affect the stock price.

OTOH, I'm not confident enough of this to put more than a little money into the stock. Still sitting on my $29 limit order.

First off, Greece seriously needs to be over and done with. This is beyond ridiculous. Get rid of them asap, and end this nonsense. Let them burn their country to the ground by leaving the EU. The Greek case is a terrific example of the phrase "This is why we can't have nice things".

On a serious note, I talked to a Tesla Rep that mentioned something about an event happening on Thursday. Anyone know anything about this?

I think that we are playing with purely technical traders at the moment. The fundamentals matter long term, but in the short term all that matters is the 50-day and 200-day moving averages.

We got our pop on the news of early deliveries, but as soon as we touched the 50-day average we sold off hard. Yesterday we challenged the 200-day and it held, now we are bouncing higher today. I don't know how long we'll be stuck in this range, but if you are nibble you might want to consider playing along and taking some off the table when we touch the 50-day again.

Well, we just broke through that 200 day moving average. If this is purely a technical trade, than look out below!

First off, Greece seriously needs to be over and done with. This is beyond ridiculous. Get rid of them asap, and end this nonsense. Let them burn their country to the ground by leaving the EU. The Greek case is a terrific example of the phrase "This is why we can't have nice things".

On a serious note, I talked to a Tesla Rep that mentioned something about an event happening on Thursday. Anyone know anything about this?

For once we agree on something Cali. :)

The world is what it is, not what we wish it were. Greece is not going to go away just because for the moment it's the sick man of Europe. Somewhere I read that fear of Greece leaving the euro zone is pushing stocks down. Be careful what you wish for. All these vagaries of the market are the reason short-term trading is speculation, as opposed to investment.

I'm on tenterhooks right now, waiting to see if my $29 limit order executes. I'm determined not to cave and buy higher. Either way, I'm okay with it. I'm bullish on Tesla for the long term, but in the short term nothing will surprise me, neither a drop to $20 nor the present price being as low as it ever goes.

The world is what it is, not what we wish it were. Greece is not going to go away just because for the moment it's the sick man of Europe. Somewhere I read that fear of Greece leaving the euro zone is pushing stocks down. Be careful what you wish for. All these vagaries of the market are the reason short-term trading is speculation, as opposed to investment.

I'm on tenterhooks right now, waiting to see if my $29 limit order executes. I'm determined not to cave and buy higher. Either way, I'm okay with it. I'm bullish on Tesla for the long term, but in the short term nothing will surprise me, neither a drop to $20 nor the present price being as low as it ever goes.
And your order just executed.

Been trying to find an explanation for this drop. I'm really surprised to see it fall below the 200-day.

One possibility I see is that oil has been falling like a rock. I noticed that the alternate energy and transportation ETFs are selling off as a result. Possible that TSLA is being sold by those funds that it belongs to. Stocks like CLNE which also belongs to those ETFs have been hit really hard, much like TSLA. Might just be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Seems like I should buy more.

And your order just executed.
Now that we picked up daniel, the stock may go up again. ;)
Boy, is my face red! I was certain I had left my limit order at $29. But when I got home a few minutes age and saw it had dipped below that, but there was no email from my brokerage, I went to my account, and saw that my limit order was at $26. Apparently, at the time, I had decided that 150 shares was enough, but if it dropped to 26 it would be worth picking up another 50.

So now I have until tomorrow morning to decide what I want to do. But it does seem to be declining, and really, 150 is enough to say I own some of Tesla, so maybe I'll just wait and see what it does. Leave it at 26, move it to 28, or just buy some in the morning. I bought some when it was low, and some when it was high, so my basis right now is a shade over 28.

Sorry for misleading everyone. :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.