Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the dragon is now due to fly early tomorrow morning. I think that the scrubbed launch, along with the less than stellar facebook IPO, may create a buying opportunity today. I wonder if my $25 "it cant possible go this low" limit order will trip.

OMG califlower...would you look at that, TSLA, a volatile stock is moving up over 5% on no news! Gee willikers, how could that possibly be? You mean stocks can move without news?!!

Obviously being sarcastic there, but the point is. This stock is a battleground. Lots of shorts...lots of people betting it'll pop as well. Some days investors are risk-on. Some days they're risk off. Such is the nature of the beast. The stock moves...it moves a lot. Get used to it. You don't need news to move a stock. You just need people willing to buy (or sell) a stock at the current price. Obviously good news increases the amount of people wanting to buy. Bad news has the opposite effect. But it's far from the only reason.

And, there's the mantra about investing for the long term. Here's an example using Cali's other favorite stock - AAPL: it was roughly $110 back in late March 2009; if one had invested $40,000 into AAPL back then (ahem.... the deposit that the early Signature reservation holders put in earlier that week ;)), it'd be worth almost exactly 5 times that today - $200K; enough to buy two loaded Model Ss outright!

It was always my opinion that TSLA would be a great long term investment, but before the Model S launches there would be some violent swings. So I've been buying low, selling high, riding the swings. I think that this is the last major dip before the price starts to climb with the successful S launch, so now I'm in it for the long term.

The failed SpaceX flight clearly encourage people to buy Tesla. :tongue:

I would say the delayed spacex flight (failed would imply that it blew up, or crashed into the space station, or any of the other terrible things that could go wrong)

Either way, I am happy it is on the way back up, even if my overly optimistic limit order never triggered (I am happy with my holdings regardless

This has been a completely undeserved sale which I have exploited to the fullest to pick up lots of cheap shares, but I wouldn't mind seeing it end. I think I'm done buying.

I completely agree with you about this "undeserved sale", but I'm probably not done buying. Today's close at $28.77 still looks like a bargain to me. I'm just waiting for some additional cash to transfer to my account tomorrow. :smile: Once some cars are delivered and some reviews published the stock may really jump.

Or not... I thought the news out of the Q1 financial results conference call was all good & look what happened. If the reviews on the delivered cars are all really excellent, who knows how far the stock price could fall!! :tongue:

I find myself obsessively looking at the price, even though I have no intention of buying more shares. Somehow it's almost hypnotic, in a slow-motion sort of way, the way it dips and jumps. But I'm kind of glad to be done trading, now that I have the shares I want.

I don't think it'll hit 25 or even 26 again. Unless there's news, or something happens, or somebody stubs his pinkie toe...

The next big event for me, Tesla-related, will be when (I hope) they bring a Model S to Spokane for test drives. I'd love to see and drive the car, just not badly enough to fly to Seattle for.

This has been a completely undeserved sale which I have exploited to the fullest to pick up lots of cheap shares, but I wouldn't mind seeing it end. I think I'm done buying.

Would it be inappropriate to ask these questions? (too late)

How many shares have you accumulated?
What percent of your portfolio have you vested in TSLA?
What is your average cost basis?
How much have you made by selling TSLA short or long since TSLA has been public? How did you do it?

Could make for interesting discussion while being wildly inappropriate.

The next big event for me, Tesla-related, will be when (I hope) they bring a Model S to Spokane for test drives. I'd love to see and drive the car, just not badly enough to fly to Seattle for.

Well you could drive. There's a Tesla 70 A HPC in Ellensburg. That could get you over the pass to Bellevue. Or don't you have that connector?

I'd like to see one come to Spokane too.

Would it be inappropriate to ask these questions? (too late)

How many shares have you accumulated?
What percent of your portfolio have you vested in TSLA?
What is your average cost basis?
How much have you made by selling TSLA short or long since TSLA has been public? How did you do it?

Could make for interesting discussion while being wildly inappropriate.

350 SHARES. AVG COST APPX 29.40
Declining other answers

Status
Not open for further replies.