Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, if you don't mind my asking (don't answer if you don't feel like it) how high do you or would you set your sell order? If you set it too high it's just silly. If you set it too low you could end up selling out when the price is legitimately on the way up.

I'd be interested to know at what price others have set sell orders in anticipation of a possible short squeeze as well.

I don't want to tell my exact $$, but my first one is in the 43-45$ range. I will be adjusting it as the price of the stock moves (inches up, I hope).
I have another lot of my shares up for sale in the 75-80$ range.

Holy hell. These shorts are seriously piling on. What gives? Highest interest reported ever, and 33 days to cover.this is nuts.

Repeat after me: Before hitting the "Post" button I will get up from my computer and take a walk around the block. Before hitting the "Post" button I will get up.....

You back? Nice day today, eh? Take another look at the short interest. Look at the actual number of shares shorted. Oh, well, look at that - actually less shares shorted than 2 weeks ago. OMG!!!!!

Yup, you read it right. The number of shares shorted DROPPED by about 325,000. The number of days to cover went up because the average trading volume dropped 1.4 million shares/day to 780K shares/day.

OK, so what does that mean? Well, the sample size is too small so far. Maybe some shorts decided to cover due to Tesla saying they would deliver cars. Remember, this is short interest as of about 2 weeks ago - before the actual deliveries. It could also just be noise that that the number of shares shorted will rise at the next report. At any rate, there was nothing to get alarmed about. Volume was pretty high last week, so average trading volume will probably be higher at the next report, making the days to cover drop even if the number of shares shorted increases slightly.

Now, wasn't that a nice walk? The sun is shining here and the temp is in the high 60's. The Tesla factory is humming along making cars, reservation holders are getting test drives, and reviews of the car itself are all positive.

So I had a dream last night that Tesla stock fell to $7 and I was personally yelling at Elon. What would you guys do if the stock price lost 75% in a day? Hold on and hope for a recovery I would assume would be most everyone's answer.

But ya. Me and my 120 shares were very scared this morning ha.

Go get Elon Lunch somewhere and go for a walk in the forest or maybe a round of disc golf
I'd keep what I have and buy twice what I have.

Volume today looks like it will stay below 1/3 of yesterday, and far less than average.

Update: It was at 700,000 when I first posted this. It ended at 929,000 50 minutes later, 229,000 trades higher. There's 6.5 hours in a trading day (neglecting after/pre hours), or 390 minutes. During the last 12.8% of the day's trading, 25% of the volume changed. My conclusion: Day traders love TSLA.

Last edited:
The number of shares shorted DROPPED by about 325,000.

Shorts increased from 25,850,776 to 26,522,286, from 5/31/2012 to 6/15/2012. (Note that's more than 26 million now.)

Not sure how large an effect that has, but surely contributes to the stock price not going up (aside from Europe etc.). Also surprising (to me) that the shorts increase with otherwise rather positive news in those two weeks, and without the stock price going up (on a larger scale). EDIT: Though gas prices are currently going down.

I think silicone valley alone could keep Tesla alive as a company( and a very good growing one). Many of the investors know really nothing about what will become of Tesla. just a thought

You mean silicone valley or silicon valley? Silicone valley is the nick name of the San Fernando valley in LA...silicone being the material used for implants and other procedures for superficial glorification of body looks. :wink:

Any thoughts on why health care reform is bad for Tesla? Seems to have fallen very soon after the ruling. I would imagine this bodes well for Obama's re-election. I really don't get it. I seriously don't believe the freak movements in this stock have anything to do with normal trading. But what do I know, I'm of the belief that a number of groups are conspiring to manipulate this stock.

Any thoughts on why health care reform is bad for Tesla? Seems to have fallen very soon after the ruling. I would imagine this bodes well for Obama's re-election. I really don't get it. I seriously don't believe the freak movements in this stock have anything to do with normal trading. But what do I know, I'm of the belief that a number of groups are conspiring to manipulate this stock.

Doesn't have any affect on Tesla, it's just people selling the whole market.

We just now touched the 200-day. I suspect we have reached a near-term bottom here. I'm going to put a few more dollars to work as I think the odds have now shifted in our favor and we are much more likely to rally here than drop further. That said, I could be wrong, if we do close significantly below this level, we might be in for quite a drop the next few days.

The rally might not happen tomorrow either, we might need a couple of days to gather steam before pressing higher.

You mean silicone valley or silicon valley? Silicone valley is the nick name of the San Fernando valley in LA...silicone being the material used for implants and other procedures for superficial glorification of body looks. :wink:

haha .. yep
I guess both of the Si based valleys would make Tesla a very large CA company ( I was meaning the Chip one but the vanity one works too). Sales could easily be 10,000 in Cali alone
The cars just aren't available yet to the people who would buy them with out a second thought.

LOTS of people would if they had the chance to drive one!

would love it if someone would explain what is causing this yoyo effect. These ridiculous swings on no real bad news, don't make sense. I refuse to believe this is normal buying/selling. When is the Supercharger announcement coming? Would love to see some sort of sustained positive movement instead of this constant swing movement between 28 and 33. Why people are refusing to recognize any positive news as legitimate is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.