Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly risk averse. So why did I make significant investments in volative Tesla securities? It's because from an engineering perspective, it looks like a very, VERY good bet. Yes, there is a huge negative bias against EV's in the general public & many of the EV's prior to now have not helped that perception.

But the Model S, even with a $57,400 entry price, has changed the game. Most folks haven't realised it yet. That's why the stock is still an incredible bargain.

And, Tesla is executing the perfect strategy in placing stores in high volume, upper middle class venues where the entry prices are not much of a barrier. But the main purpose of these stores is education -- not sales (at least at this time). Tesla already has a 10+ month backlog of orders if the manufacturing ramp-up goes flawlessly.
While Tesla is building the cars for all of us "early adoptors", they are educating the next stage of more general customers.

The truth is the truth. For me, there are two burning questions...

1) When will the general public catch on?

2) How fast can Tesla ramp up production?

Steph is absolutely correct with his math and outlook. After a couple of taxi drivers get their Model S's and start talking about how much money they are saving, how long will it be before other taxi drivers see that they are at a big disadvantage with their ICE vehicles. When that happens, it won't be long before the common wisdom is that you can't compete as a taxi driver without a good EV. Low battery? If you're a taxi company with a fleet of Model S's, your drivers can stop by your center and get a quick 2 minute battery swap. Lot's of economic possibilities in this one area.

The market hates inefficiencies and can be brutally quick in fixing them. There is a big wave of "creative destruction" coming in the automobile industry. Most of the players are still looking inland and don't have a clue what's behind them and coming fast.

The market hates inefficiencies and can be brutally quick in fixing them. There is a big wave of "creative destruction" coming in the automobile industry. Most of the players are still looking inland and don't have a clue what's behind them and coming fast.
Could not agree more.

When a game changer like the model S is reveled, it takes sometime to get into people's head. The then have to digest and understand the change. But when it's done, word usually spread pretty quickly, virally.

When this happen, hold on to your seat, the stock will go to it's true value. And it's much higher than where we are.

I was referring to Deeppak, Gilbert, Straubel, Whitaker, Musk (Kimbal) - all officers or directors. All with sales in the last 6 months. At the company I used to work for, all senior executives had to have a multiple of their salary invested in company stock (multiple was a function of their level in the company). Three of these people appear to hold fewer than 1000 shares - including the CFO!

Bugs was way ahead of his time.

Troll Season.jpg

Last edited:
I saw that - but I also saw that the last three months were at a slower rate than the last 12, that many of the sales were automatic, etc. For the automatic sales (someone more knowledgeable, please correct), my assumption is these were predetermined sales (10b-5?) so that no insider knowledge could influence. And I also assume that vesting shares could be part of this -- or selling to buy up more options.

4 officers and 2 directors are in Rule 10b5-1 plans - it is all legit. That is not my point. These guys all deserve to make millions when the company is successful (profitable). I just wish they were all on the same page relative to "skin in the game". Elon takes $1 salary and has millions of shares. He is committed. He is the reason I am a fan. A direct report who gets $100,000 signing bonus and makes $340,000 salary, who only owns 200 shares has less $$ at stake than the reservation payment for sig S. It is just one of the things I consider when investing. All of this is public record.

Status
Not open for further replies.