Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do large funds carry shorts in general or could you assume the shorts are more comprised of individuals? I'm wondering if we could see a higher sloped spike over several days or will it only be for one day.

There is 27m shares shorted. Average volume is 1.2m/day. It would take a while for the shorts to buy 27m share, add a mania to that and you have a recepe for disaster.

It will not last a few days, it will be long and painful for the shorts and long, stressful, amusing, exciting for longs.

No, I mean your source for this "fact":

Here's my entire post:

We have a perfect storm coming.

1. Predators are getting in, they smell the fear of their victims. Price is getting up.
2. Big reveal on 7/27. They will tell the world. The world will be wowed. Price is racing to record highs every days.
3. People learn about Elon and all he is and did. Hype is building, a buble is forming.
4. Pessimistic views are now replaced with over optimitic views. Price has no connection with reality.
5. I hope you sold just a bit before #4.

That was a purely speculative post and you only question about point number 2?

I think the other points were much wilder ;)

Last edited:
Thank you, then let's please not state them as facts and let's move on.

Allrighy then.

The fact is delivery start on the week of 7/29. Will we have a big event between now and then, I speculate that we will.

Will it be on the 27th? Probably not, that's just a guess.

Will it wow the world? It did wow me and I don't even have all the pieces yet.

I do like to speculate, do I.... well, it'll be over soon. On the 27th. ;)

There's a rumor floating around that Tesla is delaying some deliveries that were originally planned for August by a month or so. This is just a rumor at this point, but with how much the stock has been up, it seems like a good opportunity to take profits. I took a tiny bit off the table yesterday as soon as I heard the rumor just incase the media picked it up and ran with it.

I'm not certain that this is what is driving the stock down today, I just know it is why I sold some shares, so it is possible.

There's a rumor floating around that Tesla is delaying some deliveries that were originally planned for August by a month or so. This is just a rumor at this point, but with how much the stock has been up, it seems like a good opportunity to take profits. I took a tiny bit off the table yesterday as soon as I heard the rumor just incase the media picked it up and ran with it.

I'm not certain that this is what is driving the stock down today, I just know it is why I sold some shares, so it is possible.

Do you have any sources for the rumors? links?

All I know is I'm officially pissed. Nothing about this stock makes sense. If Tesla is successful next year (Which seems very likely), the stock deserves to be $100+ yet it's floundering around the 30 area, and experiencing so many freak drops. Rises make sense. These bouts of "Uncertainty" (Which I believe are manipulation of some kind, really piss me off. I will not sell, still, I am pissed. Here is some fun math that I'm using. 20000 x 65000 x .25 + 5000 x 120000 x .25 +200million for power trains 200mil for EV credits = 870 000 000 (20) = 17,400,000,000. Something isn't right here. I suppose producing a product that clearly has demand isn't good enough to justify a stock rise? Where are analysts? I'm not just talking about the stock dropping at the moment. I'm wondering what the deal is with the short interest increasing, and no comments from analysts emerging. Doesn't MS who has a price of $50 only expect 2k cars to be delivered? When it's becoming increasingly likely they will deliver 5k cars, the estimate must go up - Right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.