Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this exciting?! I wonder if we'll get below the January flash crash?

I kind of feel sorry for folks who are speculating in the stock in the hope that it will help pay for their car. For me, I'm in it for the long run. I believe in Elon and Tesla; this short term stuff is mere noise.

Isn't this exciting?! I wonder if we'll get below the January flash crash?

I kind of feel sorry for folks who are speculating in the stock in the hope that it will help pay for their car. For me, I'm in it for the long run. I believe in Elon and Tesla; this short term stuff is mere noise.

The stock price does not determine if I will buy a Model S or not, but it will have a big impact on if I go with a 40 kWh or a 60 kWh battery.

How long can this insanity go on!!!! The entire year went own the toilet during the past week for no reason. Where is support?

If you are long on TSLA then you may consider selling some September $31 covered calls. If the stock climbs past $31 then you will be feeling good anyway. At that point, then you can do an 'up and out' strategy and close the position while opening a new position. If the stock is less than $31 then you will earn $0.50 per share and reduce your cost base.

If you are long then covered calls should help a margin position.

Until they are regularly shipping, the stock price will rollercoaster. The reason for the dips is a lack of knowledge. Large investors get very nervous when shipments are delayed with no communication from the company. We think that we have a good understanding of the delays and that the delays are a good thing.

If Fisker had been public, they'd probably have gone bankrupt.

WTH is causing this!!
Don't get so steamed :biggrin:

dscn0954.jpg

My broker said it was low because the auto industry is taking a hit, and he was in agreement with me that we should pick more up and sell these extra shares when he get up into the mid-30's again. Like others, I'm keeping a core position and just playing around with a few hundred shares to make the wait interesting (and hopefully profitable). If you don't know that the stock market is a game that is easily manipulated by Wall Street, you shouldn't play with volatile stocks like TSLA. The vast majority of my portfolio is in much more boring stocks that give consistent dividends. I rarely watch prices, and let my broker call if there is something up that we need to take advantage of (he can do the sweating if necessary). I'm prepared to lose everything that I've invested, although it would suck, but I don't have to threaten to jump off a bridge every time there is bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.