Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of us has read the memo, but to my understanding, Tesla is not asking money pack from open invoices..

Oh, so we're just sticking to the WSJ article.

Then why does it say:

"Tesla declined to comment on the specific memo. But it confirmed it is seeking price reductions from suppliers for projects, some of which date back to 2016, and some of which haven’t been completed. "

These liquidity perception issues , can create a run on the bank, and can be self fulfilling, hence its
Critical they get dispelled immediately.

Whomever leaked and reported this internal memo was premeditating such a move.

Tesla can dispel it by reporting accelerating deliveries .

I'd tend to agree, but if you're long on $TSLA then right now is not the time you would sell, is it, when Tesla are on the verge of turning around? I can only think that these are more short-positions being opened, I guess Ihor will inform us in due time.

As was said a few weeks ago - Tesla longs aren't selling. That's the benefit of being a cult stock.

Reactions: wipster and Drax7
Just added 25 more at 294.

I have to admit I am feeling nervous now. The stock would be well priced at 500. But then again, the car and oil industries were not going to go down easily.

The fundamentals look better than ever in my opinion. As long as Elon can stay sane (and there are a few worrying signs) then we will all be laughing before long.

Have to admit then it may just be easier to ignore all things Tesla for a few months . I am somewhat addicted and all the lies put me in a bad mood.

Just added 25 more at 294.

I have to admit I am feeling nervous now. The stock would be well priced at 500. But then again, the car and oil industries were not going to go down easily.

The fundamentals look better than ever in my opinion. As long as Elon can stay sane (and there are a few worrying signs) then we will all be laughing before long.

Have to admit then it may just be easier to ignore all things Tesla for a few months . I am somewhat addicted and all the lies put me in a bad mood.
Right there with ya. It's gotten to the point where I can't watch anymore. Any time lies and dishonesty have this much effect it just turns my stomach and my blood pressure goes through the roof. Time to start another really good book series that I can't put down. Maybe go through the Outlander series again. 9 books...average about 1200 pages each. That should take me a few months and then I'll look at the TSLA stock again.

Dan

Guys (and gals?), we enter a critical period. I expect full-Plaid FUD for the newt week until we get to the EC. So gird your loins, keep the faith and get noisy via any channel you have to push-back against the total BS that's raining down upon us.

I see how this procurement memo going to be negatively spun, basically if there's any sign of profitability, the enemy will call "foul" and say it's an artificial situation engineered by Elon - same as they basically did for the 5k/w end of June.

Stay strong, our future is at stake!!
Let the Faithful Blind say, "Amen."

I hate to be a "traitor" (temporarily), but I think in the very short term (~2 weeks), I'm going to bet against TSLA's stock price.

My reasoning is largely macro. Even though Tesla is in an excellent position starting Q3, I believe the combination of the following reasons will drive Tesla's stock price down in the near term:

1. Bad Q2 earnings report with large losses from the 5k rush + preparation for Q3 profits
2. Rocky macros from Trump vs Iran and potentially large scale tariffs with China
3. Peak FUD from shorts as this is their last attempt to drive down prices
4. Historical earnings reaction has been negative. Plus, the stock is recently driven down hard despite extremely positive news of hitting 5k/week. Therefore I believe even a Q2 surprise will still result in a drop in stock price.

To be clear to the shorts: I am bearish on Tesla's very near term stock price, but a big bull on Tesla as a company. I hope this is the only time I have to bet against Tesla's SP.

Why is it ok for GM but not for Tesla? Total BS...again!

G.M. Cost Cutter Sharpens His Ax

Dan
Nobody expects a supplier inquisition!

nobodyExpectsTheSpanishInquisition.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.