Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day's gain 33.62% (somewhat leveraged).
My account was up 46% on the day, primarily due to TSLA, but that does include 50% allocation to other stocks. I only had 1 share at the time, so pretty much all calls. It's too time-consuming to try to sort out how much was due to TSLA since I did sell some calls and bought some other stocks with the proceeds, but it was certainly mostly from TSLA. I'll be shifting back to a smaller allocation to TSLA over the next couple of weeks most likely. I prefer about 30% allocation to TSLA, but I increase that a lot when the stock is in a big dip.

My account was up 46% on the day, primarily due to TSLA, but that does include 50% allocation to other stocks. I only had 1 share at the time, so pretty much all calls. It's too time-consuming to try to sort out how much was due to TSLA since I did sell some calls and bought some other stocks with the proceeds, but it was certainly mostly from TSLA. I'll be shifting back to a smaller allocation to TSLA over the next couple of weeks most likely. I prefer about 30% allocation to TSLA, but I increase that a lot when the stock is in a big dip.
my portfolio is 100% $TSLA with 90% calls and 10% stock
$TSLA after a 16% rise yesterday if all shorts can manage is a transient early AM pullback then their prognosis is severely impaired
make no mistake this stock has been seized by bulls and we will take it up from here
(thank you for shorting)

$TSLA if i were to bet my own money (which incidentally i did) i'd say $700 within 6 months is very much on track therefore no call option is too expensive as of right now i'm backing up the truck
It is fascinating that we now have quite direct evidence of Model 3 ramp, much higher ASP than expected by even mindless bulls, plus positive GM on Model 3, albeit small, before the very high GM AWD and performance showed up, not to mention the higher conversion rates due to now 'free' Supercharging. On top of that we see provable TE ramp up with neutral cash results despite mow quarterly volumes. On top of that S and X are selling well and having an interior upgrade now followed by new versions in a couple of years...and then there is China, with expected factory costs about half what we all were imagining.

So, you're certainly not having 'irrational exuberance' to imagine $700. Luckily I bought everything I could prior to the quarterly announcements of AAPL and TSLA. I even liquidated long held, highly appreciated securities, moved more money to the US despite strong US$ all so I could triple down on TSLA and add quite a bit to AAPL.

Well, I know very well the euphoria of yesterday will not last. OTOH there is nothing I think to be a better choice right now. In the end euphoria is glorious while it lasts. Even if it does not, I wait for the next high.

Anyway, this made me just want to order another Tesla just for the satisfaction of driving it.

my portfolio is 100% $TSLA with 90% calls and 10% stock
$TSLA after a 16% rise yesterday if all shorts can manage is a transient early AM pullback then their prognosis is severely impaired
make no mistake this stock has been seized by bulls and we will take it up from here
(thank you for shorting)

fully loaded here also.. 70/30 stock/call. ;-) ready to have some good old 2013-2014 fun.

I don't normally use it, but today I'm watching movement with ETrade Pro, of course while doing other things. Anyway, a green flash caught my eye a moment ago... TSLA went positive for just a couple of seconds. Day high $350. It's hypnotic.

Confirm that, chief. Probably kicked-off some sell orders too.

Screenshot 2018-08-03 at 16.19.06.png

Last edited:
Sorry fellow travellers, I took some profit off the table. Never made that much money when on holiday. Taking my sister and family out to dinner tonight. I think the stock is done with big movements for a little while and will rather drift sideways in a narrower band.
Perfectly sensible. As usual, for my short-term options, I had standing sell orders for half of them at twice the purchase price. I could have cancelled those sell orders yesterday and would have made some extra money, but then I'd have the stress of trying to time it correctly. Anyway, this week's weeklies are all gone, still have some for next week that are (at this point) pure profit, since their cost is already covered.

Reactions: neroden and bdy0627
In light of other startups in the Bay Area getting big-time funding for autonomous driving software and Hardware what do people think about Tesla's progress and purported releases coming in the next 1 to 6 months. Tesla is making their own chip does this represent a pivot shift such as Apple going from Apple iIs and Macs and then phones to monthly subscription services?

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.