Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you are the breadwinner and the spouse makes significantly less. The investment are usually with the spouse. As you get flexibility to withdraw at minimal tax.

That said, ya, I assumed most ppl have more in non registered than registered. But if you have 10 years salaries in rrsp, it's probably time to scale it back.

You will be taking a higher tax hit in the future when you are retired and ready to withdraw if rrsp grows so big that its annual payout becomes larger than your highest income at some point.

I don't know how common is your scenario. Mine probably isn't either, except on this forum. Both wife and I have decent salaries. We both have decent RRSPs

I had some RRSP-s and then did over 7x in mine and 2.5x in my wife's.

Because of high marginal tax on our income, there is no effective way to scale back our RRSP until we retire, especially if investments continue doing well. I'm not gonna invest worse just to pay less tax :) We could dabble with lending ourselves a mortgage, for second or commercial property, to initiate some transfer of wealth, many reasons against it.

Reactions: MiningEng
Thanks Jayjs20! Much appreciated and informative!

No problem. I was unsure on whether or not I wanted to stay in after it went private(assuming I can), but if Elon can mimic just a small fraction of SpaceX's success with Tesla, that's be more than amazing.

Ok. Same thing they did when considering the buyout of Solar City.

This is really news? Whatever it takes to move the stock I guess. I'll take all I can get right now.

The big question these last two days, and the reason for the drop, is whether privatization will actually happen or not. There seems to be a lot of doubt right now in the market. Any action that suggests it will happen, however small, will jump the stock.

Sorry, I was overly tense.
I was referencing "Should we be seeing less shares available for trading as this drags on?"
I was alluding to the concept that all the currently traded shares could be short position generated, and that much of the trading could be shorts open and closing positions (yielding little net change, but much volume).
So, if they sell/cover every 5min, somebody has to buy each time. If the person who bought doesn't sell, I think that would result in the growth of short interest, which didn't change much in 3 days. Do they sell to each other? Old shorts covering, new ones selling?

Ok. Same thing they did when considering the buyout of Solar City.

This is really news? Whatever it takes to move the stock I guess. I'll take all I can get right now.
Anybody know when TSLA filed an 8k for SCTY deal relative to the time it was first announced publicly? Might provide insight into whether the board feels compelled to file 8k now. And this is a much more fundamentally important issue to shareholders since it potentially directly affects the nature of their investment in TSLA.

So, if they sell/cover every 5min, somebody has to buy each time. If the person who bought doesn't sell, I think that would result in the growth of short interest, which didn't change much in 3 days. Do they sell to each other? Old shorts covering, new ones selling?

They can deffinately be selling to each other. One closing a position and one opening.

I do expect the firmly held share count is climbing also.

Reactions: Moderatefan
Tesla board meeting with advisors next week RE going private, asking Elon to recuse himself from process.

Breaking on CNBC

Stock up AH.
Huh. So, it sounds like Elon might actually not be lying about this? So if I'm short the stock, now is probably a great time to consider covering? Or would it be better to hang on in case the stock drops further? Asking for a friend....

Ok what happen if this scenario comes, Tesla publicly declared to go private, I think they have no obligation to declare who is providing funding, most long term investor want to stay with Tesla so let’s assume Tesla has lined up big investor with 30 billions, Short sellers and Mr market doesn’t want to believe privatization will happen, Mr Elon tells their big investor you know what start buying stock in open market with aggrement from them not to sell, short sellers will stay in denial and big investor buying will push stock to $420, then panic start from short sellers and stock even go further up from $420.00, this would be a short burn of century.

Status
Not open for further replies.