Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For about two years our trading range was bounded by 180-280. Once we broke free of 280 and pushed up to 380 our new boundaries have become 280-380. I am sure there are some chartist who can back that up but that is my quick explanation to you @Jayjs20 .

280 became our new longer term support.
I feel like $290 or just below is actually the support. If it goes to $280 it may break down even further, and quickly.

Can someone explain why so many people are fixated on 280? The SP has bounced off of 290 so many times and refuses to stay under 300 for very long. Wouldn't something like 295 be a better jumping in point?

For about two years our trading range was bounded by 180-280. Once we broke free of 280 and pushed up to 380 our new boundaries have become 280-380. I am sure there are some chartist who can back that up but that is my quick explanation to you @Jayjs20 .

280 became our new longer term support.

Pretty much agree.
I see less than $280 as previous chapter. This was pre M3 anything besides hints of news and rumors. If the share price hits below this I backup the truck and sell other holdings to stock up on TSLA. Still wouldn’t margin as I don’t believe doing so.
The current chapter is happening now which is $280-$380. The M3 struggle and ramp to 2500/week. Once we are confirmed over 2500/week we will see the next chapter of $380+. Q3/4 timeline. Play it safe and call it end of Q4/Q12018. Again confirmed production rates is what will take us over these share prices.
I’m not factoring 5K/week at all this year as I don’t believe we will hit 5/K sustained rate this year.

Pretty much agree.
I see less than $280 as previous chapter. This was pre M3 anything besides hints of news and rumors. If the share price hits below this I backup the truck and sell other holdings to stock up on TSLA. Still wouldn’t margin as I don’t believe doing so.
The current chapter is happening now which is $280-$380. The M3 struggle and ramp to 2500/week. Once we are confirmed over 2500/week we will see the next chapter of $380+. Q3/4 timeline. Play it safe and call it end of Q4/Q12018. Again confirmed production rates is what will take us over these share prices.
I’m not factoring 5K/week at all this year as I don’t believe we will hit 5/K sustained rate this year.

Care to wager a SpaceX hat? :) I'll take the side that we hit 5k this year. I'm not making the wager because I feel certain, rather, I'd like a free hat. :)

Reactions: Manton
Could you please walk us through how you concluded that "$500 within 2 years" is one of the likely outcomes? I have a fairly good understanding of Tesla's competitive advantages, and disadvantages, but I'm specifically interested in the $500 PT mathematically. Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: Like always. None of my predictions are based on any facts are are pure satire. Take any of it with salt + lime and preferably down a shot of vodka after said salt and lime. Oh and all those TA drawings are candlestick charts I made by superimposing drawings of rainbows and unicorns.

Thanks for your insight on this @Causalien. I have enjoyed seeing how frequently your Magic 8 Ball has been correct for about the last 5 years now. There is a lot of discussion on this board about how TSLA is more 'recession-proofed' than other stocks. Under your scenario of a recession in 3 years, how far do you think TSLA could fall, and perhaps more importantly how long before TSLA recovers to its pre-recession stock price? (i.e. for a Magic 8 Ball answer... 600 down to 300 and back to 600 in 2 years)

Thanks in advance!

Long term outcomes are the domains of the crystal ball. It cannot do +-3% accuracy like the 8ball. Which is short term. For example, announcing the Model D the day before is the domain of the 8 ball.

Nothing is recession proof or resistant. The last time anybody declared a company or sector is recession proof, it promptly got shorted to half its original value.

• Disagree
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
A little unexpected

007 on Twitter

I'm not happy to see this. Loved TT's enthusiasm, however crazy it may have seemed.

Not sure I understand margin that well, but is it where you've basically borrowed to buy the shares? Happy to say I obly buy with money in my pocket and with TSLA's total unpredictability I'm glad to have resisted the temptation of options too - don't think I'd sleep at nights!

Edit: OK, so margin is borrowing with the investments as collaterol. Wouldn't fancy that much, being forced to sell at a time not of my choosing...

Last edited:
Reactions: Intl Professor
I'm not happy to see this. Loved TT's enthusiasm, however crazy it may have seemed.

Not sure I understand margin that well, but is it where you've basically borrowed to buy the shares? Happy to say I obly buy with money in my pocket and with TSLA's total unpredictability I'm glad to have resisted the temptation of options too - don't think I'd sleep at nights!

Edit: OK, so margin is borrowing with the investments as collaterol. Wouldn't fancy that much, being forced to sell at a time not of my choosing...
There was already some discussion yesterday from/about TT07. See Tesla Investor's General Macroeconomic / Market Discussion

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
What's going on with TSLA lately? Big rises first half of the day, big drop the last few hours. It's like the last few days the Mandatory Morning Dip has turned into the Persistent Post-meridian Plop.

The market spiked up post FOMC and is now moving down, TSLA is simply following suit. Its still showing strength relative to many other names.

Status
Not open for further replies.