Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a super nice guy. Was a regular. But was an Uber-bull and didn't provide much substance. Had a ridiculous amount of stock on margin and options, which gave him a certain amount of notoriety.

I hope you post here more regularly, Causalien. I also wish I that Johan would as well! Ah, the old days.....

Speaking of the devil. I should give him a visit this year.

But I believe us paying attention somewhere else is a foreshadowing of better profits elsewhere.

Anywhere but TSLA?

A hint. Chinese gov is forcing the liquidation of assets at Anbang group. Then there's HNA group who is probably next in line.

What did these two conglomerate buy? You got a chance to make the money goong down and then up. I'd stick with just guessing one direction since trying to guess both has only about 30% chance of success.

In case some idiot decide to start shorting every foreign asset they own, don't. This is a well published fact and partial liquidation has already begun. And surprise surprise. The XIV fiasco exacerbated their demise.

NB: Any long time TMC member in Seattle? Will be down there in a few days.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Weren’t they part of the real estate buying spree before the Chinese government tightened capital controls last year? We had the sale of a commercial building fall through because of that; the would-be buyer was much smaller than these conglomerates, though.

They also own foreign stocks which is easier to act on. For the commercial buildings, it depends on how it will impact the seller when the deal fell through.

Just to say, that there are opportunities everywhere in the market everyday. TSLA for me has been a good steady 3% per month deal. No need for leverage. High vol stuff = no leverage. Low vol stuff = leverage until you get a 30%/year vol equivalent potential. 30% per year is really good. Les than 1% of fund managers can do this. So by aiming to beat this and do 100% or 300% per year, you are trying to say that you are smarter than the top 1% who are more connected than you are.

A lot of time, when staring at some of the yolo bets I was about to make, I take a step back and ask myself if I am smarter than them and most of the time I say no. I know my IQ, I know my SAT score and I know my years in the market. None of these measure tells me I am in the top 1% when it comes to these stuff.

We need only go another 9% higher to reach a new ATH.

Downwards trend since Sept 17 broke, 38% Retr broke, MACD signals a cross if now the resistance at $360 breaks we have an opportunity for more.. next real barrier is than indeed $389.

So far I am under the assumption that solid fundamental news are required to go there but experience did show me that you never know if there is a large investor buying and shorts are going out anticipating that they will make the production numbers soon.

Reactions: Papafox
Agree.

Trending up is great but We still need more solid production rates.

All focus is still on M3.

Can't see it going any higher unless we hear some news today. Haven't heard from shorts recently, maybe they'll come out to play this week to get to Friday's max pain. InsideEV's February numbers some out Thursday/Friday, and i'm reading that they are expected to disappoint (consistent with usual start of the year delivery numbers). I'mm guess we close the week close if not below $340 and take off next week on M3 anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.