Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it says a lot about Europe. You have to stand up for what's right and against what's wrong.
Well, Europe is big. A bunch of the biggest MM are own by the same guys who own american press, the journalists swim in the same brown see, so obviously you get same brown stew.

But they are not the only ones having a voice in Europe.
Here is latest comparison of Jaguar vs. Tesla S by one of the biggest dutch car magazines.
(subtitled).

In other news: my home city of Frankfurt (Germany) is being forced to ban certain diesel (and older gas cars) starting next year due to failing to meet emissions (air pollution) standards. The same applies to several other cities in Germany - most notably Stuttgart (home of Mercedes). That, coupled with the reduction of personal-use-tax by 50% for company cars, should cause a serious spike oil Tesla and other EV sales starting 01/2019.

Of course the "average old diesel owner" will not be buying a Model S, but the incentive to go BEV (or unfortunately hybrid :eek:) has never been stronger here.

Who seriously cares about 2% or even 4%?! TSLA has lost over 30%,of its value and needs to go up nearly 40%
tesla going a day in the green right now is significant because it makes it clear that some sort of support has been reached. I think august numbers are to blame. if Elon seems fine on the podcast tonight, that's another risk lowered and I expect there to be a Friday bump. Maybe not massive, but everyone is holding fire for Q3 production and then Q3 financials. I can wait for that.

Reactions: Revhappy2
In other news: my home city of Frankfurt (Germany) is being forced to ban certain diesel (and older gas cars) starting next year due to failing to meet emissions (air pollution) standards. The same applies to several other cities in Germany - most notably Stuttgart (home of Mercedes). That, coupled with the reduction of personal-use-tax by 50% for company cars, should cause a serious spike oil Tesla and other EV sales starting 01/2019.

Of course the "average old diesel owner" will not be buying a Model S, but the incentive to go BEV (or unfortunately hybrid :eek:) has never been stronger here.

They've started in Brussels too. It's a gradual phase-out, but it has actually begun!

Affected vehicles

Last edited:
Got any pictures of those beautiful Swiss Alps? Would love to see some of that beautiful Swiss nature you all have over there.

Dan

Here, I was on the Gotthard pass a couple of weeks ago... You cannot imagine the regen you get on the way down - 50kms of driving for free :D

Last edited:
Got any pictures of those beautiful Swiss Alps? Would love to see some of that beautiful Swiss nature you all have over there.

Dan
There are too many Teslas in the landscape destroying the picture of our beautiful nature in Switzerland unfortunately. You knew that Switzerland has by % the most Tesla ownership worldwide? We are buying these cars, even 25% more expensive than in the States.

Edit: please see an example below of a Tesla destroying our beautiful landscape. Thanks for the example btw

Weird, pictures not posting...

Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 11.05.18.png

They've started in Brussels too. It's a gradual phase-out, but it has actually begun!

Affected vehicles

Interesting attachment, is this only for Brussels or a template for any city who wishes to use it. It seems odd that the whole diesel fudging by the car makers was as a result of politicians who knew more about cars and pollution than the engineers. A bit like a few years back when Merc' accountants knew more about building cars than their engineers -- result rust buckets

There are too many Teslas in the landscape destroying the picture of our beautiful nature in Switzerland unfortunately. You knew that Switzerland has by % the most Tesla ownership worldwide? We are buying these cars, even 25% more expensive than in the States.

Edit: please see an example below of a Tesla destroying our beautiful landscape. Thanks for the example btw
BUT at least you can SEE the view

OK, to cut down on posts, here's my digest...

You seem to be missing the point. Tesla has promised a profit in Q3. From all of the profit projections I have read everyone was banking on next to zero "in-transit" at the end of September. Tesla cannot afford to have three weeks of this month's production in transit on 9/30. They need to cut that to 2 weeks or even less for any hope of a profit.

Profit has not been "promised", profit has beed guided, totally different.

They are not going to be profitable in Q3 from the numbers I am currently seeing.

I disagree, they look like they're going to hit bang in the middle of guidance, so looks on-track for me. Added to that the large numbers of high-margin cars that seem to be delivered it's looking very likely.

My target range os -100m to +250m, but like most people here (and elsewhere for that matter), I've pulled that out of my colon.

TMC Spreadsheet has been 95%+ accurate and is projecting 56k deliveries. Inside EV numbers are always low balled the first two months of the quarter.

Has anyone got a historical analysis of IIEV's guesstimates versus actuals? If not I'll try to put something together - if there's any consistent %age factor could be very useful for the future.

I don't like the implication that we are the Galactic Empire and we are firing our Death Star to destroy planets with billions of innocent people living on them

Tesla knows what they can sell CPO vehicles for. If they can take back leased cars and re-sell them at a profit, all while selling (leasing) a new car, why wouldn't they? Just my hypothesis.

Yes, and the CPO's don't hang around for long. There are none available in Belgium right now and my anecdotal experience was that my P85 sold within three weeks of being traded.

Rogan's podcasts are like three hours long-the odds that Elon will say something that folks looking for a negative headline can grasp onto asymptotically approach 100%.

But it'll be well worth it; Rogan also lets his guests talk freely, and he doesn't seem to me to generally push any agendas. We should get perhaps the deepest unfiltered look at Elon that we've ever seen.

Listen to Joe quite a bit and looking forward to it, have posted more in the JRE thread

Somebody on twitter is making fun of me :(

View attachment 332318

This thread is watched by many and regularly quoted.

Being utterly ignorant of the gentleman, I just read the entire wiki bio of Joe Rogan.

Thus having done the appropriate due diligence, and therefore qualified to ask the following...would someone PLEASE tell me why you - and more importantly, quite a number of other TMC forum members - are so excited about the upcoming podcast? Is there any reason to expect anything questions of substance; any insightful probings?

Because it's a chance for Elon to really speak without any editing or spin or other BS. Joe will ask good questions, he will challenge, but he will give Elon time to say what he wants.

By now I hope that Unsworth will take Musk to the cleaners, so much that it hurts Musk very, very badly, if only to show that even megarich egomaniacs don't get away with everything.
Perhaps Unsworth should sue in an English court. English law is very favourable for plaintiffs in libel cases and there are enough aspects to establish jurisdiction.
The amount of coverage of Musk's latest tweet in the European media was remarkable and to call it "not helpful" for Musk's reputation would be putting it mildly.

I also hope Elon get sued, because I believe Elon must have something on this guy, otherwise I fail to see why he'd be continuing his attacks.

I don't see any coverage other than the UK tabloid newspapers, which are faux-angry because a British national's reputation is being tainted. This would change very rapidly if some evidence of paedophilia were to come to light, the UK is incredibly intolerant towards that.

You still do not get it, do you? The reputational damage for Tesla and its investors is huge. The media all over Europe are believing and writing that Elon has completely lost his mind.

I don't see it.

Wish i had the funds and the ability to explain to my better half why it would be important for the greater benefit of us all to own such a beauty ;)

View attachment 332329

Really is lovely in white, but they need to do something with the windscreen wiper - using the same one as the semi ain't gonna cut it :D

As for getting permission from the missus, well all my cars are through my company, which is totally separate from domestic finances, so no discussion :p

It's a bit less gradual (read: aggressive) here....

02/2019: no Diesel older than Euro 4 norm, no Gas older than Euro 2 norm
09/2019: additionally no Diesel older than Euro 5 norm (--> roughly cars produced before 2015)

Actually, that seems more aggressive to me. Excellent!

Indeed it doesn't mean all these people will buy EV's, but it's certainly the most future-proof solution

Reactions: SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.