Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also note that Bloomberg's tracker added 4k cars today, but the weekly rate dropped to 3500, it's not always very logical that thing.

Indeed:
  • The Bloomberg Tracker is reporting 90,198 Model 3's produced, which in addition to the 41,030 produced by the end of Q3, is 49,168 new Model 3's made in Q3 so far - and there's still 20 days to go in the quarter. The discontinuous 'jump' in their estimate is not surprising: they are adjusting their model as VINs arrive and on a weekly basis, and with smoothing.
  • Troy's tracker is estimating 81,391 units made so far in Q3, with end-of-Q3 production estimated at 52,591. This is right in the middle of Tesla's 50-55k Q3 production guidance.
I believe this is the widest 'spread' between the Bloomberg and Troy's tracker so far, and it will be very interesting to see who is going to be right in the end. Right now I'd guess Troy's tracker is more accurate, it has a good prediction track record for Q1 and Q2: 96% and 98%.

Actually, his/her posts are so damn good that might be Elon :p

LOL, if I was Elon I'd make damn sure he isn't tweeting a single negative peep, isn't writing angry emails to Buzzfeed journalists, and doesn't trust the likes of David Gelles without having 3 lawyers participate in every phone interview!!

Let's admit it, Elon's brilliant when it comes to many things, but basic communications/PR/message opsec principles and him are not friends. :D

Hey, what's going to happen with all the M3's in the Carolinas with this damn hurricane coming? Hard to find a place to put them in good weather let alone this...

Remember when Tesla used an OTA update to temporarily enable the 60=>75 kWh battery upgrade for Models S/X before the hurricane in Florida last year?

I have 3 little words for the Carolinas: FSD :D

Cum'on Elon: How about a little rescue DEMO?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ludalicious
€244 3/4 now- Does the circuit breaker rule only apply to the US ? Or are the "short gnomes of Zurich on the loose??
Great question.
If the circuit breaker rule was indeed in effect yesterday I am afraid that the short army will unleash another attack this morning to try to gain back some of their losses. Might be rough this morning. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and we won't see a significant drop by closing. Q3 projections are looking pretty good at this point so hopefully that will be the overall driving force today.

Dan

This is based on the last conference call when Elon was asked about building Semi at GF1, Elon indicates it was a good question but said they couldn’t comment. So it is speculated that meant they are.

Tesla (TSLA) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript

Galileo Russell -- Shareholder

...And I think you may have touched on this but I'm curious. Will Tesla ever produce vehicles at Gigafactory 1, maybe the Semi? And then I'm curious on any manufacturing synergies between the Semi and the Model 3.

Elon Musk -- Chairman, Product Architect, and CEO

Interesting questions. You always come up with really interesting questions. Really interesting questions that I cannot actually ... the first one I cannot ... it gets so much attention, where we put production. I can't answer any like where we're going to put production questions.

So Galileo speculated, and Elon declined to speculate.

Short answer: Semi production site remains speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.