Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The rear-wheel drive Rapide E’s twin electric motors will drive through a Limited-Slip Differential, which combined with revised spring and damper rates ensures the pure handling characteristics for which the petrol-powered Rapide S is already renowned.”

So it looks like a rear wheel drive with front and rear motors connected by a mechanical linkage. Positively Stone Age.
I think that's just two rear motors, probably differently sizes and/or with different gear ratios, to handle a wider speed range.

It's a solution that some Formula E teams used, when their motors weren't up to wide speed ranges, and they didn't want to implement a two-speed gearbox. Heavier than that solution, though, and now even in Formula E, one-motor one-speed solutions work.

Reactions: MP3Mike and mongo
Well gang, this is the end for me. I have been forced to liquidate all my Tesla stock...but for a good reason. I am taking delivery of my AWD Model 3 on the 24th!

My intention when buying into the stock was to give my down payment the opportunity to grow instead of idling away in a savings account. I sold the rest of my shares this morning and it is going to allow me to do all the things I wanted it to do. I wish you all the very best in your investments (and I use that word VERY specifically). I will be watching from the sideline as Tesla goes on to bigger and better things.

I can't wait to get my car and become a supporter of the company through being an ambassador with test drives and long conversations about how wonderful it is. I wish I could continue to support it through stock ownership but that just isn't in the cards. It's been fun...most of the time. LOL!

Dan
Gonna miss you Dan, enjoy your posts! Just because you're liquidating now doesn't mean you can't be on the board and maybe buy more stock. Enjoy the ride my friend!

it is an island reversal aka morning star candlestick pattern
unless there is a resumption of downtrend these gap ups typically do not get filled and are strong bottom reversal signals

That’s great to hear, but I’m waiting for the butter dish and sunset lollipop before I get excited. And of course if a purple squirrel unicorn shows up, it’s party time!

Well gang, this is the end for me. I have been forced to liquidate all my Tesla stock...but for a good reason. I am taking delivery of my AWD Model 3 on the 24th!

My intention when buying into the stock was to give my down payment the opportunity to grow instead of idling away in a savings account. I sold the rest of my shares this morning and it is going to allow me to do all the things I wanted it to do. I wish you all the very best in your investments (and I use that word VERY specifically). I will be watching from the sideline as Tesla goes on to bigger and better things.

I can't wait to get my car and become a supporter of the company through being an ambassador with test drives and long conversations about how wonderful it is. I wish I could continue to support it through stock ownership but that just isn't in the cards. It's been fun...most of the time. LOL!

Dan
Also please keep us posted on the ambassador role! Elon loves that stuff as do we.

What's with these huge sell orders right now?

upload_2018-9-12_21-17-47.png

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
When does the "no comment" period(or whatever it's called) start for quarterly earnings? Shorts seem to do their best work during this window where nothing can be confirmed or denied. I want to time my options buying for the next two earnings calls, giving myself these last two shots at a home run. Then I'll quit and just stick to buying shares......for real this time.

• Funny
Reactions: bdy0627 and EngRyan
Let me get this straight. You're short TSLA with a price/sales ratio of 5 based on 2017 revenue, and a P/S ratio of less than 3 by the end of 2018 at current valuation, for a company with a 500 million loss and a P/S ratio of 857 and a loss of 71X revenue.

I realize its a small bet and it may play out ok for you, but that's some major speculation compared to just buying TSLA...
I'm short the TSLA stock (well, I'm long the stock but continue to sell ITM calls against it month after month ((sometimes twice a month)) and continue to have a bearish short term position with a bullish medium term position. We'll probably get a nice pop into CQ3 earnings and possibly a break out to above 330$. I'll monitor that closely and will most likely be looking to sell into any momo strength around earnings or shortly after. I'll close the position then.

Yes, I'm long NIO at this pricing. It's a TRADE. It's going to take them a while to get better numbers for sure, but take a look back at Tesla five/six years ago and where it was trading relative to revs/sales. It wasn't as high as NIO of course.

As I said, It's a trade and based on several exogenous factors I think it could see a solid momo to 10$ with 12-15$ possible. At 10$ I'll sell 40% of the position for sure and re-assess.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.