Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone think that maybe Tesla is up because it raised prices on Supercharging? To me this can be a huge positive for Tesla long term and even big for Tesla customers. He is my equation:

Step 1: Increase prices on Supercharging
Step 2: Open 2x more stations and 4x more chargers by going with bigger stations.
Step 3: Add Solar
Step 4: Add batteries where there is no Net Metering.
Step 5: Add batteries where commercial demand fees warrant it.
Step 6: Offer Free supercharging for Life to offset the loss of Fed Tax Credits while generating electricity at 5c/KWh instead of 12c/KWh today.
Step 7: Build 1000 Megachargers. Partner with customers to build 1000 more with Solar and Batteries for their operations, not just charging.
Step 8: Become the biggest consumer and generator of electricity on the planet with Profit margins of 30% (blended rate for Solar + Battery + Megacharging profits and Superchargers net 0 profits).
Step 9: Lower prices on Supercharging to match new Solar + Battery pricing once those systems have mostly paid for themselves.
Step 10: Yum, Success!

Your guess is as good as mine, but I don't think TSLA is up because of the increased prices on supercharging. I haven't seen much in the main stream on it. Lots of articles today about the factory shut down in February to increase production. I think that brought in some money, and now shorts are covering. Might be short lived....

Nice day today! Increased VINs plus the news about increased charges for supercharging may have something to do with this. The market seems ready to jump on ANY suggestion of increased model 3 production. At this point, we are up 6.5% from the bottom of our last dip. That dip lasted 6 trading days, 2 less than the average dip. We are at trading day 3 since the bottom. The average climb lasts 11 trading days. I have a plan to sell my first wave of calls after a rise of 9%, but on big up days, premiums go up so much that it makes sense to sell some on such a day. I sold about half of my APR $320 calls for a gain of about 30%. I bought shares with about half of the proceeds and used the rest to pick up some shares in other stocks I follow.

• Informative
Reactions: Paracelsus
Today's trading pattern reminds me of February 14. Just came off of a drop, macros up huge but TSLA barely moved. The next day, TSLA jumped a huge amount while macros moved up only a little.

Hopefully, we get a February 15 some time this week.

Guess I was off by a week.

Isn't the SP jumping because it was confirmed that Elon's do-hickey from Germany arrived and was installed last month?

Maybe this news?
Tesla Temporarily Suspended Model 3 Output in Late February
“Our Model 3 production plan includes periods of planned downtime in both Fremont and Gigafactory 1,” a Tesla spokesman said in an emailed statement. “These periods are used to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks in order to increase production rates. This is not unusual and is in fact common in production ramps like this.”

Recip, I have exited 2/3 of my MU position today, letting the rest ride for a bit. Hope the trade is treating you well. :)

LoL.. 2 contracts still today, but yeah. I never assume a stock is going to go up 10% so I sold to early today, but I bought back in to scalp another chunk. Still holding half of that second entry, so the other half after owning it all of an hour.

• Love
Reactions: Tenable
LoL.. 2 contracts still today, but yeah. I never assume a stock is going to go up 10% so I sold to early today, but I bought back in to scalp another chunk. Still holding half of that second entry, so the other half after owning it all of an hour.

LOL! Its looking like I sold a boatload of TSLA contracts far far too early today. But I'll never complain about profits. I love days like today, it almost makes up for the stress on the massive down days. :)

LOL! Its looking like I sold a boatload of TSLA contracts far far too early today. But I'll never complain about profits. I love days like today, it almost makes up for the stress on the massive down days. :)

Same, my other holdings are BABA and NVDA, sold half of those and holding half. I have been buying TWTR and NFLX on the dip (dollar cost averaging down... Not an advice). One thing I am concerned about.. Every time the NASDAQ gets toppy like this, it triggers a re-balancing out of Tech and probably in to something like Financials with rates going up. Again not an advice, but I am looking to get light here real soon and maybe even load up some small PUTs on fast moving tech stocks as protection.

Edit.. Never mind.. All out on NFLX and puts initiated. I check it out again at 310.

Last edited:
Same, my other holdings are BABA and NVDA, sold half of those and holding half. I have been buying TWTR and NFLX on the dip (dollar cost averaging down... Not an advice). One thing I am concerned about.. Every time the NASDAQ gets toppy like this, it triggers a re-balancing out of Tech and probably in to something like Financials with rates going up. Again not an advice, but I am looking to get light here real soon and maybe even load up some small PUTs on fast moving tech stocks as protection.

I love all of those names, though I have lightened up significantly on this run up. I traded in and out of TWTR today for a small scalp, but I'm already loaded up on the name to my risk tolerance between J19 and J20s. GLGL!

• Love
Reactions: Reciprocity
Status
Not open for further replies.