Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good comment, DragonWatch, you don't disappoint. However what I said was that Telsa could look to retired miliary Senior Officers for hard-working, durable Executives. Not like the shrinking violets we see quitting these days: "oh wah 104 hr work weeks boo-hoo..."

My first C.O. did those kind of hours for 20 years, whenever they needed him. And I worked my butt off for him, 3 years straight with 1 day off. Best time of my life, too.

Cheers!

Very good, thanks for clarifying. Wish I had had just three like you in my second batter command, would not have felt like I was relieved of the command as opposed of relief when it was all said and done.

It was during the fielding of the new weapon system as a lowly battery commander that the light came on that said I could do anything I wanted to as long as it was not unethical, immoral or illegal. I later used that quote in my classroom trying to ignite the spark the love of learning.

Most paper tigers stuck with just one battery command in my day, the old army:)

Lodger, to you I would say your country does not know what it lost when you left your service!

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Link to the tweet in question: Charles Gasparino on Twitter

Also worth reading: Twitter

SCOOP: @SEC_Enforcement offered @elonmusk a "time-limited ban" from as CEO of @Tesla $TSLA as part of the proposed settlement. Hiring of Chris Clark who fought hard for @mcuban and beat the @SEC_Enforcement on insider trading charges was key to his decision to fight --sources

That goes beyond what the CNBC report said. That - ban from chairman for two years in combination with two independent directors - was bad enough, and worthy of fighting it. Ban from CEO as well? Yeah, that's door-in-the-face tactics from the SEC.

It doesn't matter. It's just semantics. Obviously it's not criminal fraud so I suppose its civil fraud. In either case, if you read the actual complaint, I don't see any crime that the DOJ can go after, if that's any consolation.

That hundreds of news titles with fraud in the title matter. Given the disconnect here from the SEC's official duties, to plain old not verifying their press statements through their lawyers, I wonder if Elon has a case against them.

• Love
Reactions: theschnell
The most damning thing the SEC really have against Elon is that the Board apparently didn't know anything about his idea to take the company private, if indeed that was ever an actual intent. And therein lies the 'legal' issue, which is proving intent. Either intent to manipulate the share price, or even intent to take Tesla private.

Why is this important? Because the SEC's position is that Musk's intentionally harmed investors by misleading the market into thinking taking Tesla private was very likely to happen. Ironically the fact the Board didn't know might help Musk, because he can easily argue he was simply musing an idea and investors should not respond to such musings, only official statements.

I think it helps since it supports that Elon was not acting in the capacity of CEO/ Tesla rep when he tweeted.
To be clear, when I made the public announcement, just as with this blog post and all other discussions I have had on this topic, I am speaking for myself as a potential bidder for Tesla.
Update on Taking Tesla Private

After reading all the pages, as an ultra long I am amazed by the responses of the longs.

Most people are following malicious shorts theory, trying to defend what Elon did. But that is exactly the narrative shorts want. Why we not simply ask for fairness? If Elon was fraudulant/manipulating the SP, how many shorts should be charged with the same crime by creating so much FUD, constant lies, character assassin and illegal leaks? I am not legal expert. But somebody pointed the SEC lawsuit filing used a lot of shorts' theory. Is it possible shorts are more real activists than longs that they actually follow up and send complaints to SEC leading to this and used as a input source?

Elon is a genius who tries his best to do the right thing and fight the right fight, but he could have some eccentric behaviors by wall street standards. We are asking for a perfect guy who has all his strength but not his shortcomings. Are we asking for a GOD? On the other hand, if he was perfect in the wall street standard, what would be the odds tsla had the current achievement?

I have no doubts shorts are doing their job. I am losing my confidence in longs.

After reading all the pages, as an ultra long I am amazed by the responses of the longs.

Most people are following malicious shorts theory, trying to defend what Elon did. But that is exactly the narrative shorts want. Why we not simply ask for fairness? If Elon was fraudulant/manipulating the SP, how many shorts should be charged with the same crime by creating so much FUD, constant lies and character assassin and illegal leaks? I am not legal expert. But somebody pointed the SEC lawsuit filing used a lot of shorts' theory. Is it possible shorts are more real activist than longs that they actually follow up and send complaints to SEC leading to this and used as a input sourse?

Elon is a genius who tries his best to do the right thing and fight the right fight, but he could have some eccentric behaviors by wall street standards. We are asking for a perfect guy who has all his strength but not his shortcomings. Are we asking for a GOD? On the other hand, if he was perfectly in the wall street standard, what is the odds tsla has the current achievement?

I have no doubts shorts are doing their job. I am losing my confidence in longs.

Typically, in the stock market or anywhere else, the malicious people are a few minority. In case of TSLA, the longs seem to imply that the entire media, analyst community, big hedge funds, sovereign wealth fund and even SEC is malicious. How can so many people be malicious and only a small bunch of retail investors trying to save Earth are righteous? Just doesnt add up.

Based on the 600- 800-1,100 a day rate, they can make another 1,800 to 2,400 to 3,300 today through Sunday for 53-54k, plus any lag in Fred's over 51k number and maybe hit the 55k high end target. I'm still leaning toward an early Monday sales number release...
edit: Thanks to @W84M3 for the correction below
Tesla was able to maintain production of about 1,100 cars per day over four days this week and about 800 Model 3’s per day over three of those days. It’s one of the highest levels of production that Tesla was ever able to maintain.
3+4 = 7 = week, so I got confused. More like 600-800 a day, 1,800-2,400 additional.

Last edited:
Why is this important? Because the SEC's position is that Musk's intentionally harmed investors by misleading the market into thinking taking Tesla private was very likely to happen.
I disagree with your legal opinion here. That is not SEC's position. Their entire 23-page complaint contains ZERO instances of the words intent, intended, intentionally, etc. Zero. SEC's position is that Musk knowingly misled with known false statements. They are silent regarding intent. Clearly, they do not believe intent is relevant to the violation alleged. A court could disagree, but SEC's position on the matter is clear.

That hundreds of news titles with fraud in the title matter. Given the disconnect here from the SEC's official duties, to plain old not verifying their press statements through their lawyers, I wonder if Elon has a case against them.

Yeah it's a crappy title. But after you get over that, you can see that there's no real fraud. Fraud probably can be defined as civil or criminal. And elon can be "accused" of fraud. Anyone can be accused of anything. Doesn't make it libel.

Status
Not open for further replies.