Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Secretary Steven Chu for chairman. Nobel Laureate. Energy secretary under Obama.

Steven Chu - Wikipedia

OMG, I love Steven Chu! He'd be perfect!

I actually have a quote from him in my rotating Slashdot sig file: "Now we're getting to science - I love this!" A senator made the mistake of asking him a science-related question during his confirmation hearings and gave him a chance to nerd out ;)

Finally... I no longer believe in a short squeeze opportunity for TSLA. Someone convince me I am wrong... they can sell to open all day long and EM has scared away the fund managers with his tweets and dope.

Not on Monday, uptick rule 201 in effect.
SEC settled
Possibly get Q3 delivery numbers
V9.0 AP roll out going well, could release the rest of EAP deferred revenue.
Technically, I think Tesla could release interim financial numbers. (Or gross margin estimates with the delivery numbers)

I felt this was obvious. I really wonder whom this would be and would it be subject to shareholder approval?

While unpopular by many in the Tesla community I would hope it would be Tim Cook.

And that Apple takes a big stake in Tesla. Not control but a stake so we can get a good app ecosystem. It’s a waste to not monetize that giant Teslapad in every Tesla.
Tim Cook also has valuable experience in China, dealing with the government and regulations as well as product roll-out and distribution. IMO this would be a great choice.

I hope Elon doesn't buy or sell stocks in the next few years. He has a very large size, will get larger down the road. No need to attract more investigation on potential insider trading stuff.

It would be great if Tesla starts a small share buyback program. $10m a quarter is all I am asking. Increase the size as financials get better.
There will be no buybacks for a while. Money MUCH better spent elsewhere.

As per Anne Boleyn
Short headlines on Monday
“Musk impeached as Chairman, hanging on as CEO by a thread”
“Musk ousted as Chairman by SEC in a weekend coup”
“20 million reasons why Musk is no longer chairman of Tesla”
“Irreversible financial blow to Musk and Tesla”
“Musk to declare bankruptcy after sustaining huge $20 million fine by SEC according to sources familiar with the matter”

Someone make a Galileo Russell for board position petition! He’s totally unqualified on power but would be infinitely better than most candidates!
I think he is awesome, but Tesla needs some heavy hitters to get them from $50B to $100B market cap.
I think Bill Gates, however fanciful, would be awesome and send the stock skyrocketing.

While you are "probably" right, FOMO CAN propel prices beyond rationality. Look at BTC to 17,000.

Not irrational to us but irrational to investors not as familiar to Tesla.

I just want to see enough buying to margin call shorts. If traders want to profit take after that - fine by me.
and just think about when BTC hit nearly 20K..extra FOMO

Reactions: MXWing
I hope Elon doesn't buy or sell stocks in the next few years. He has a very large size, will get larger down the road. No need to attract more investigation on potential insider trading stuff.

It would be great if Tesla starts a small share buyback program. $10m a quarter is all I am asking. Increase the size as financials get better.

If they do stock buybacks, it means they ran out of ideas. They will no longer be valued on future earnings.

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin and Ulmo
What about Peter Thiel?

A long shot but a really good option would be Ray Dalio, he looks up to Elon yet is extremely competent and would be a really good fit overall. The only question would be if he would be interested in taking on such a heavy role at this time. Also his experience of stocks and markets would be invaluable for Tesla. That would be the golden option I believe.
No, no please no.

Last edited:
Schadenfreude from SA:

thedyslexicephelant
Comments19 | + Follow
So nothing came of the suit. There is no justice in the world.

georgefelix75
Comments238 | + Follow
Agree $20M is nothing compared to the loses from his antics. It was deliberate and willful. Make a joke out of the SEC.

samdehne
Comments1562 | + Follow
The SEC proves that it is in cahoots with Tesla/Musk and the ilk of evil.
When you see what was done to Skilling and Madoff.. doesn't this demand
the highest punishment possible.. times 5?
Skil and Mad were peanuts in comparison to the broken laws here...

Diesel, Contributor
Comments3420 | + Follow
In other words Elon Musk gets away with fraud.
Well, what did you expect? In America if you are wealthy and powerful you are a god who is beyond law and no one can touch you. If you want to become untouchable, beyond law and a god in America, just become rich.

Thirst 4 Yield
Comments312 | + Follow
Money always wins

412Bob
Comments161 | + Follow
Cannot believe the SEC settled for such a small amount. They will certainly have earned any criticism of their lack of effectiveness that undoubtedly will ensue.

uptick_rule_now
Comments1396 | + Follow
shows the SEC does not want to work criminal cases. how anyone that evil and corrupt was allowed to buy their way out of this offense is a slap in the face of Justice. at least we still have the BK filling coming soon to take stock to zero

deercreekvols
Comments12802 | + Follow
Reminds me of the "settlement" that Elizabeth Holmes was able to reach.
Resign as chairman but remain CEO. Got it.Nice work by the SEC. Collect the fine money and move on to the next case.Thanks for nothing.

Teddy Monster
Comments111 | + Follow
Musk got away with his crimes. This is unbelievable. He got away with it.

Jacjon0108
Comments433 | + Follow
Complete joke of punishment by SEC

Buddha1010
Comments1095 | + Follow
I've lost respect for the SEC enforcement division. Looks like Elon played them for the wimps they are. Really sad.
The likelihood of a DoJ action is now nil. The rich, white and entitled ruling class wins again. Just like gravity, there's no escaping this truism.

To be fair, many of them are consoling themselves with the "inevitable" DOJ case ;) Surely the world will see "justice" when that happens! ;)

@Mike117

WHERE YOU AT MOTHER FRACKER?

WHERE YOU AT?

*Note: I expect this post to be moved to snippiness but I suspect at least a few of us fellow investors will have at least gotten some catharsis out of it. :D
Mike currently banned. Elvis has left the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.