Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen this type of price action before several times throughout the past 4-5 months, and the open is often a 60-90 minute high, met with selling and a better buying oppty if one wants to truly get long. so, just sayin'
The difference this time is - shorts can't sell below market price.

Its going to be interesting 2 days. Monday will show the result of settlement - so $20 or so up. Then on Tuesday, we get delivery numbers - but - shorts will be back. So, I think Tuesday will be a wild day, rather than Monday.

giphy.gif

Buffet is certainly due his respect. No one would be doing terrible if they took his top financial advice. All in on a van guard total stock market return fund. (And a tiny percentage in bonds)
That advice works only when the stock market is going up. That advice would have looked terrible in 2008/2009.

But Tesla doesn't need advice on how to invest. Buffet has zero skills (that I know of) that would help Tesla.

The reason I suggested someone of the caliber & experience of Bill Gates is because the chairman would need to understand what it is like to lead a high tech company - and handle the pressures that come with being in the eye of the public all the time. Then, there is the political pressure too.

I think EM does somewhat poorly under these circumstances - as we have seen. I don't mean he should be totally scripted like Tim Cook - but needs to figure out how to be authentic without alienating large sections of customers / investors.

• Disagree
Reactions: Drax7 and Remus
I'd add some additional color to what made people whom I talked with yesterday upset.
One couple, second time coming to the delivery center. After 1.5 hours waiting, car apparently was in San Diego, CA (mind you, this was bay area delivery)
Another couple, first time delivery center, 2 hours waiting, car was in San Francisco, not at the delivery center. Was told could wait till 18:00 (this was at 11:30) or come back tomorrow (today) or schedule again for this week.
another couple (mostly the woman was the most upset), this was their THIRD time to the DC, nobody knew where there car was and was offering a different car. That SOUNDS great to some, but if one is doing financing or leasing through a third party, it's basically impossible to change the VIN assignments and approvals on the spot as they are directly tied to the VIN. After 2 hours total, they were asked to re-schedule for some time next week. They were p....d. I can understand and could only say that I didn't work for the company and if I DID have any authority I would try to escalate it somehow but certainly couldn't. Could I help them learn more about their car, or the S or M3, or charging, etc.. person: No, "I JUST WANT MY CAR!!' moved along
another couple, they had an appt. at 11:45, it was now 12:30, and nobody had contacted them. this is a GREAT example of expectations by the buyer and consideration being out of alignment or even out of touch - you are going to get people who fall into this category. The think of it as a reservation like a restaurant, but comment on things like "This ISN'T that hard, how can they not have it better organized, I work in BUSINESS and this should have all been worked out now"..they were later told that they THOUGHT they could be accommodated by 17:00. Understandably, they were annoyed. The woman literally said to me "At this point I'm just thinking about cancelling the car"..of course she probably didn't, but emotions were somewhat raw.
I didn't tell these people that I have worked in the auto industry in the past for a decade and seen poor customer services like this from both international and domestic manufacturers - it wouldn't have given them any comfort or solace in the situation.
Okay, with those details, yeah, that’s a totally different view of what is more than what any reasonable person should have to put up with.

Without those detail, it’s sounds like another round of FUD. Thanks for filling in the gaps.

Well then, what the heck is he waiting for? Mr. Buffett, meet the new status quo!
Buffett with Nevada Power: stop competition (home solar, for example) support his Rail Road (get extra business hauling coal to power plants) support his coal mines - triple play. And throw in Insurance company GEICO to get special tax considerations to help avoid taxes from none earned income (investments).

Buy Long - don't waste money buying & selling (same for Real Estate too).

What has Buffett created? nothing but money.(does he give special loans to college kids? or Hospitals or Organic food or space exploration or anything?? no.

PS- Joe Rogan/Elon Musk 14.5 million views 43:1 favorable

Last edited:
Buffett has never been about changing the world. He has always been about reading the status quo and maximizing his profits from it.

Buffett knows a thing or two about business.
Before twiting , pass it through Buffett’s filter,
See if it passes the smell test. It might
Save you billions.

If you ever get the insight to accumulate 75 plus
Billions Investing, which obviously you will,
then you surely will be in a position to have credibility
And your assertions will carry so much weight.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
sorry if duplicate, I can't keep up with all posts, others have posted this, right?

HyperChange founder Galileo Russell goes on Cheddar to discuss the implications of Elon Musk's fraud charges from the SEC, stemming from Tesla's proposed privatization. Interview took place live from the NYSE on 9/29/2018. Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Buffett with Nevada Power: stop competition (home solar, for example) support his Rail Road (get extra business hauling coal to power plants) support his coal mines - triple play
We should remember Buffett is pro-Canada oil sands. Just because he supported Dems, people think he is on the side of Climate Change fighters. He is not. He might pay lip service, but his actions speak loudly that he is not.

You know what would be really cool? If Tesla built their own auto transport trailers that could be used not only for long haul behind a Tesla Semi, but also for customer delivery (after the cars have been prepped). A delivery route could be created and the card loaded appropriately, so that when the Semi and trailer arrived at the customer's site, the delivery person would "summon" the car off the trailer and driven right to the person. When the door was opened, the car could introduce itself, address the owner, and ask him or her if they had any questions.

I think that would blow people's minds and it could be very easily done. We'll just put some bleachers out in the sun and deliver them to Highway 61...

Must be Sunday...
Do I still get to name the car or does it tell me it's name when it greets me?

Status
Not open for further replies.