Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the TSLA - SEC joint (what was Alison really thinking?) letter is a US DIstrict Court behind the scenes kinda thing or filed as in SEC filing?

It isn't a TSLA - SEC joint letter it is an Elon - SEC joint letter. (Tesla isn't involved.) So there likely won't be an SEC filing. But I think all court documents are public, so we should see it shortly after it has been filed.

I think buying power of TMC patrons are at all time low. Tempted to add more, but already in the red.
Best bet if to hang in there (atleast for me) .....
Keeping cash in a separate account helps me a lot not to buy too early during a downslide.
Buying and selling only about 10% of my dry powder each of a time helps me to take advantage of unusual high or low SP levels.
Daily charts do help me a lot for getting perspective on possible drops and possible tops.
Happy investing everyone!

Keeping cash in a separate account helps me a lot not to buy too early during a downslide.
Buying and selling only about 10% of my dry powder each of a time helps me to take advantage of unusual high or low SP levels.
Daily charts do help me a lot for getting perspective on possible drops and possible tops.
Happy investing everyone!

My problem is I don't have money to play with so buying with 10% isn't economical. At this point all I've got is my last bit of diversification. Which is why I'm waiting for <$250 to justify losing the last non-$TSLA investment. NASDAQ rose a little while $TSLA is (for $TSLA) flat. Doesn't look likely today, but I'm keeping my eyes on the stock price.

My biggest concern is that it will be <$250 at close, but still dropping (I'm looking to approximate the bottom) and that it recovers in after hours. But then, I'll still be keeping (some) diversity so I still win. :cool:

You want to buy low and sell high, do you?

That's the idea, but I have already bought 986 shares in the past 2 years and have run out of cash.

I am not that bothered whether I have bought in at $250 or $350 (I have bought lots of shares at both ends of that spectrum) as my investment is a bet on the share price getting to at least $3,000 so the entry point is actually pretty irrelevant.

I am more worried about the market losing complete confidence via a sustained short attack

That's the idea, but I have already bought 986 shares in the past 2 years and have run out of cash.

I am not that bothered whether I have bought in at $250 or $350 (I have bought lots of shares at both ends of that spectrum) as my investment is a bet on the share price getting to at least $3,000 so the entry point is actually pretty irrelevant.

I am more worried about the market losing complete confidence via a sustained short attack
If it wasn't for Twitter it would holding above 300. If he doesn't delete his twitter I think we'll see 200 before 300.

If it wasn't for Twitter it would holding above 300. If he doesn't delete his twitter I think we'll see 200 before 300.

Please, Musk, you're killing us with your twitter account! All of that stuff about SpaceX and successfully doing a ground landing in California has the stock market tanking! NASDAQ and Dow are both down. Companies are failing left and right. To save the economy the fed has been forced to hike the interest rate and to knock Nio into submission our President has escalated the trade war with China.

Please! Musk, we're desperate. Close your twitter account so that the stock market can recover!

Is Elon's twitter activity not fair game? He's used his Twitter in the past to...
  • Reiterate guidance of 20,000 Model 3s by December 2017
  • First message that Tesla would be profitable and cash flow positive in Q3 and Q4 in a tweet response to the Economist
  • Announce his journalism integrity website "Pravduh"
  • Declare that he'd received an offer for Tesla to go private at 420/share
  • Make a case that "short selling should be illegal"
  • Attack the government regulator body that is investigating him
Investors expect that CEO of a 50B+ company should be composed and thoughtful when speaking in public. I'm not sure why his Twitter would be any different.
For real it's glaringly obvious and mind blowing something as stupidly simple as closing a Twitter account is such an issue.
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 12.22.56 PM.png

Sorry about my crappy chart but the big blue spike on the left is the "taking public" tweet then we know what happened next(down, down,down)

I do not think it is realistic to worry about 'the market losing complete confidence'.
I do not expect Tesla to go to $0 (and there are facts and reasons for this, they are discussed elsewhere).
My impression is we already see an irrational SP movement via a sustained short attack 'justified' by loads of FUD.
As there is some powerfull negative forces acting behind the scenes (big energy, traditional car industry, suppliers, Koch brothers, hedge funds, Citron lemonade Left, ...) just do not expect TSLA to have a stable SP.

Congrats to your big number of shares.
Honestly I would prefer the shares you bought at $250.

BTW converting a small amount of shares to long term LEAPs during overextended drops was discussed here several times and I think is an opportunity to profit from irrational drops.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and pz1975
Status
Not open for further replies.