Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then do some fact checking and tell us how your investment performance was in the last two years...(S&P500 gained about 40% in that time period)
Last 2 years? Why not last 3 or last 1? Or maybe last 781 days? You can always take an arbitrary date and point at the share price of a stock as volatile as TSLA to prove your point. Longs here are not thinking in "last 2 years", but 5-10 or beyond. BTW, did you invest "in the S&P" and gain 40%? See, I can ask stupid questions too.

Last 2 years? Why not last 3 or last 1? Or maybe last 781 days? You can always take an arbitrary date and point at the share price of a stock as volatile as TSLA to prove your point. Longs here are not thinking in "last 2 years", but 5-10 or beyond. BTW, did you invest "in the S&P" and gain 40%? See, I can ask stupid questions too.

Even the biggest shorts like Chanos are suffering in a Bull market ...

Whoah, you have 20,000 shares???
;)
(If you know what I mean... No one with sub 20k would care what the number was, unless the point was to instill fear of getting out)

I wish :D

Panic? would be if we wouldn't know what we are doing :)

How about you nervous regarding Q3 ER?

Always nervous, but expecting positive news ;)

Here's the NASDAQ and SEC warning about such "mini-tender offers":
If you think it's a bad deal then I'd suggest you complain to your broker why they accepted payment from Baker Mills LLC to send you an unsolicited message advertising a potentially financially damaging scheme that both the NASDAQ and SEC is warning about.

Yes, it seems to be the MO of Baker Mill to send out such mini tender way below actual prices. If you google them the same thing is popping up for various other companies. After all it's just a deal for ~4Mio USD.

This was just heads up on ongoing events around the stock and the current concerns about it.

So last night I was running the numbers from a bear view and I completely understand how they see Tesla going BK(with 3Q earnings negative 600million and dilution to pay dept),

Could you share those numbers? It's very difficult to see Tesla not going cash flow positive with the record deliveries of 83,500 vehicles in Q3, and the shorts here aren't even trying to make an honest argument in favor of some bear thesis - most of the time they are just lying and trolling.

So you'd have the honor of being the first person to post a rational bear thesis here. ;)

So last night I was running the numbers from a bear view and I completely understand how they see Tesla going BK(with 3Q earnings negative 600million and dilution to pay dept), so this is a huge fight going on here and the outcome will be dramatic for one or the other side. So it will be either Mother of All Shorts or total bust for bulls with trading at the IPO price levels. Good luck to us. I still found some cash to buy some more today during the day.

How do shorts get to a loss of 600 million for Q3 (versus 750 million for Q2) with 20% higher deliveries of Model S/X and a doubling of deliveries of Model 3 at a higher price per car?

FYI:

Just received a Tender Offer from my broker about BAKER MILLS seeking 20'000 shares @ 199.99USD

fishing expedition? triggering panic sells?

it’s just a company trying to coax holders to surrender their shares to them at a given price. do you want to sell your tesla shares at $200?

these are non-DTCC offers, meaning they are not handled like a regular corporate action. they aren’t as regulated, and you have no central counterpart to share the risk with...

i’ve seen customers duped into these deals and they cant get their shares or money for month or more.

they are seeking 20,000 in total, not “per holder”
as fac checking said, they’re mini-tenders

done directly with agent (not at DTCC - depo trust clr corp)

not an advice, but i’d never get into one of these, even if the price was above mkt

Regarding Tesla taking control of the narrative, I have an humble suggestion:
  • use Tesla twitter, in a serious way. They publish very few posts, and if I'm not mistaken they didn't even tweet about the NHTSA blogpost
  • let Elon retweet everything
This won't solve anything, but at least will grow the Tesla twitter fanbase and grow the institutional PR machine.

Elon's been re-Tweeting quite a lot the last 24 hours, but it's all positive stuff, so don't get your knickers in a twist...

More evidence that Elon reads TMC ;-)

Could you share those numbers? It's very difficult to see Tesla not going cash flow positive with the record deliveries of 83,500 vehicles in Q3, and the shorts here aren't even trying to make an honest argument in favor of some bear thesis - most of the time they are just lying and trolling.

So you'd have the honor of being the first person to post a rational bear thesis here. ;)

It has been in another thread, there are low and high numbers. I am on a long side so I don't buy into these low numbers, but here they are look at the low figures:

Smack Check on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: M|S|W
To everybody's notice, I received a private message from @Teslie calling me an idiot, cult member and other that I don't want even to translate.

Its actually very nice to see that shorts go on an very low and aggressive level already and are obviously pretty desperate trying to insult but its my conviction that this is not a level of communication I would even consider to reply to and suggest that this member is removed and banned from TMC.

Mod, your take.

To everybody's notice, I received a private message from @Teslie calling me an idiot, cult member and other that I don't want even to translate.

Its actually very nice to see that shorts go on an very low and aggressive level already and are obviously pretty desperate trying to insult but its my conviction that this is not a level of communication I would even consider to reply to and suggest that this member is removed and banned from TMC.

Mod, your take.

@Teslie adds no value. not that i’ve seen. i’d stand corrected if someone discovered a meaningful post...otherwise useless

...aye! (hand-raise)

So last night I was running the numbers from a bear view and I completely understand how they see Tesla going BK(with 3Q earnings negative 600million and dilution to pay dept), so this is a huge fight going on here and the outcome will be dramatic for one or the other side. So it will be either Mother of All Shorts or total bust for bulls with trading at the IPO price levels. Good luck to us. I still found some cash to buy some more today during the day.

This is utter nonsense. You give no numbers to support your conclusion and your options are that TSLA either goes bankrupt or trades at IPO price.

I've reported you as a short troll.

Trading at the IPO levels? Don't be ridiculous. Fear-mongering.

Status
Not open for further replies.