Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the goal is to make the board filled with as many lightning rods as possible, may I recommend a 9-member board comprised of:

* Al Gore
* Rupert Murdoch
* Hillary Clinton
* Steve Bannon
* Martin Shkreli
* George Soros
* Mohammad bin Salman
* Charles and David Koch

I think you have a great idea: that would certainly take the spotlight off of Musk! :eek:

• T Rowe Price's hedge fund has increased their Tesla stake to 10.2%, buying 10 million more shares of TSLA,
Just to clarify a point here: I noticed in the SEC filing about T Rowe Price's stake that it says: "Price Associates does not serve as custodian of the assets of any of its clients."

So does this filing mean that T Rowe Price actively decided to increase its TSLA stake? Or simply that it has enough brokerage customers, with each customer holding/accumulating enough TSLA shares, that TRP as a whole was forced to file this disclosure?

FOMO is a powerful motivation best avoided, unless one has more money than they know what to do with.

Not not an advice.
Agreed! But I really didn't want to miss owning shares in $TSLA. Mission accomplished. Not every decision is strictly business.

But if what you quoted from my post was all that someone reading it took away, yeah, that would be bad.

Tons of margin calls...

I was watching a piece by Citron’s Andrew Left and doing some research and it kinda clicked.

Andrew said he wouldn’t be shorting TSLA into earnings since there were [paraphrasing] better shorts out there now.

Separately, the whole topic of over-leveraging was discussed. A Fidelity friend has mentioned that they’ll set stop loss like orders on over-leveraged accounts, during the day, once ample notice has been given for the client to do so themself. TSLA started chumming the depths last week and cratered on Monday and, well, today is 4 days later...

Given the considerable turmoil Germany saw when the annual influx of refugees rose by some tens of thousands following the failed Arab Spring, it may very well have a cataclysmic effect on the orderly German society (and the rest of the EU) when a couple of billion displaced people start migrating from e.g. the shores of the Indian subcontinent in search for land where they don't drown.

Tesla is also about averting a second Migration Period, with a previous one being:

Migration Period - Wikipedia

I hope I am being overly dramatic.

It's going to be much quicker than the recent migrations too, I think. Furthermore, with the climate pattern changes, areas where certain crops are grown today will no longer be suitable. Grass-lands too will shift. Farmers will go out of business, the balance of power will shift between countries. There will be great civil unrest, many wars, famine, etc.

And then I think about the North Atlantic Conveyor. If we get enough ice-melt to reduce the salivation of the oceans, this could shut-down, the climate change will then be dramatic and very rapid. The gulf-streams will fail, we'll see an ice-age return to the Northern Hemisphere.

And everyone affected will be scratching their heads wondering why we didn't avert this when it was still possible.

I also hope I'm wrong, because the consequences dwarf anything our species has had to deal with in the past.

It's going to be much quicker than the recent migrations too, I think. Furthermore, with the climate pattern changes, areas where certain crops are grown today will no longer be suitable. Grass-lands too will shift. Farmers will go out of business, the balance of power will shift between countries. There will be great civil unrest, many wars, famine, etc.

And then I think about the North Atlantic Conveyor. If we get enough ice-melt to reduce the salivation of the oceans, this could shut-down, the climate change will then be dramatic and very rapid. The gulf-streams will fail, we'll see an ice-age return to the Northern Hemisphere.

And everyone affected will be scratching their heads wondering why we didn't avert this when it was still possible.

I also hope I'm wrong, because the consequences dwarf anything our species has had to deal with in the past.

Well, we did go through an ice age before...

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Well, if the goal is to make the board filled with as many lightning rods as possible, may I recommend a 9-member board comprised of:

* Al Gore
* Rupert Murdoch
* Hillary Clinton
* Steve Bannon
* Martin Shkreli
* George Soros
* Mohammad bin Salman
* Charles and David Koch
Ivanka? Then we'd have a Trump on board! Pun intended.
I'd rather eat worms. :eek:

Right. But I guess here, we are preaching to the choir...

So as an to end to my contributions regarding this I will just post the relevant XKCD strip:
xkcd: Earth Temperature Timeline

It is long but worthwhile - and bonus point to anyone catching the movie reference at 2200 BCE :).

Yeah, so if you want to concern troll and play the fake victim here you should really attempt to keep your story internally consistent. Just a few weeks ago you wrote this gem of a comment:

While concern trolls usually try to add a few overly generic claims that are impossible to falsify, none of your specific concern trolling here materialized:
  • the SEC lawsuit got settled,
  • Q3 production and deliveries were at record levels,
  • mainstream Wall Street analysts think that Q3 and on-wards Tesla is not just free cash flow positive, but sustainably profitable,
  • T Rowe Price's hedge fund has increased their Tesla stake to 10.2%, buying 10 million more shares of TSLA,
  • and Seeking Alpha is still the circle-jerk echo chamber built for Tesla shorts by Tesla shorts, entertaining to follow as a weird window into some other universe with different rules for physics and economics, but admittedly with a very low (in fact negative) signal/noise ratio.
While it's moderately amusing to see you refer to yourself in the third person "the shorts", I'd suggest you to create a new alt account and try again building a fake "concerned Tesla investor" persona - this time with fewer mistakes. ;)

giphy.gif

This is why ignoring trolls is simply not the solution. There will always be some people - including everyone new to the thread - who do not have them on their ban list.

Trolls need to be banned.
Agreed. An easy way to start building a list is to see who hits "disagree" with a positive post such as this one.

I am stuck with my initial investment of 150 shares @ 350$ per share due to believe of Elon taking his company private and the incredible Q2 and Q3 results.

However, due to certain circumstances (Elon's tweeting), the share price is now barely above 250$ and I am suffering a 100$ loss on my investment per share.

I am really upset with Elon - any recommendations for me? I just want to get out without a loss - that's all. I do not care about Elon anymore after all he's done to himself, his company and all his shareholders (aka fans). This is incredible.

I don't feel like the price will get back to $350 anytime soon, although there is always a chance there's going to be some big announcement during earnings or just before earnings out of the blue (like a huge investment or a capital raise). Earnings should be good, but they won't be unexpectedly good - it's already baked into the current price.

What's happening in the wider market is more significant - many stocks are way over-valued and bonds are on the march. There could be a huge correction soon, or maybe there won't be and it will rally again towards the end of the year.

As for your trade - if you don't need the money at all, I would wait personally and take a much smaller loss or even a gain sometime in the medium term (2019 I would think). - This is not qualified financial advice, just what I'd do if I made that trade...

But if you bought the stock based on a musing by Musk, it's a bit rich to then blame further musings by Musk for your loss. Either ignore him completely, or accept him completely. There's no halfway house with this guy.

BTW... Performance Model 3 w/pup - amazing... just saying. Amazing...

We gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you are losing credibility quick...
Sorry, this is not a true statement, @mrdoubleb. Many of us didn't give it the benefit of the doubt at all, just read enough to realize we weren't going to get anything more than BS and hit the magic button days ago.

And which book would help Elon? You think it was my fault believing in the CEO of the company you have also invested into?

Believing in a company, its mission, and economic and technological trends is many things. Believing in one person is like eggs. My last two purchases were at $350 and $340 and I have no regrets. Easier to say since investments in Tesla since 2010 average around $93 a share (if you discount the $663 conversion of Solar City which I bought at $84!!!).

I like omelets even though our TSLA holdings at around 40% of portfolio cause our wealth manager to pull a thatch out of his hair every day. Elon has warned many times. Don't invest if you dislike volatility. Maybe you didn't follow the leader that time? I mean no harshness, just that in the long run you're probably best off keeping your shares. I would, for whatever that's worth.

Funny how those of us over 80 have more patience. (But then my metabolic rate must be a fraction of many here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.