Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, however If the market go into bear mode good results won't matter much and basically every stock will be sold on volume.
In this scenario a stock like TSLA would be very vulnerable and that is concerning. Hopefully the earning season will resume the uptrend.
I'm still long shares and some november calls.
On no news, I agree. But on news, individual stocks follow their own path - may be tempered by market.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I'm not exactly retired, but I am treating myself to a sabbatical of sorts. So not much income this year (just a bit of cap gains), plenty of savings. So sounds like I wouldn't get much benefit from the 7.5k incentive right?
Again, if you have any tax-deferred IRAs, or an old 401(k) plan that could be rolled into an IRA, you should talk to your tax accountant about possibly doing a Roth conversion before the end of this year. Hope you can order that new Tesla by Oct. 15!

Well... Here's a (probably somewhat less reputable source) news item on the conference:
Jamie Dimon, Steve Mnuchin And Wall Street CEOs Set To Attend Saudi Conference Despite Journalist’s Disappearance | HuffPost

Looks like the bankers have no morals... they're sticking with the murderer.

Well, when you can defraud the American public to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars and then get trillions of dollars of public money as a punishment, why wouldn't you think you can do anything?

Reminder: this is the "Unraveling a Tesla Mystery: Lots (and Lots) of Parked Cars" guy. Guess someone was having trouble finding something negative to write about Tesla and decided to try the Ambulance Chaser approach.
Just looked at his twitter feed. All anti-Tesla retweets.

But we need to engage with such people to turn the tide of negative press.

I sent a DM to him, lets see what he says. NYT and other publications are sensitive to accusations of bias. So, make your voice heard - tell him "you are presenting only one side of the story. You seem to be biased."

vincent on Twitter

Tesla China update: Sept 26, Shanghai Municipal Planning & Land Resources Ad issued a land transfer announcement for the Q01-05 plot of the 04PD-0303 unit of Lingang Heavy Equipment Industrial Zone 860K sq meters. Approved type of industry is EV manufacturing $TSLA #TeslaChina

DpU-o6KUUAIo-6z.jpg

vincent on Twitter

Tesla China update: Sept 26, Shanghai Municipal Planning & Land Resources Ad issued a land transfer announcement for the Q01-05 plot of the 04PD-0303 unit of Lingang Heavy Equipment Industrial Zone 860K sq meters. Approved type of industry is EV manufacturing $TSLA #TeslaChina

DpU-o6KUUAIo-6z.jpg
This factory is ~5 times bigger by square footage than the Gigafactory? Am I getting this right?

vincent on Twitter

DpU-o6KUUAIo-6z.jpg
You owe me 20 minutes of my life back...I went on Tweeter and fell down the rabbit hole of nonsense responses.

vincent on Twitter

DpU-o6KUUAIo-6z.jpg

Appears to be this area:

1504080636331056913.jpg

As I speculated about previously, this is in mainland China, not the Shanghai Free Trade Zone.

I.e. the Shanghai Gigafactory will be able to sell Teslas in China like a domestic carmaker: no tariffs and full price incentives for EVs received (about $9000 per car purchase IIRC, and it's not a tax incentive, I.e. every customer receives this sum).

And Tesla got special permission for the Gigafactory to be 100% foreign (Tesla) owned.

Recently Tesla also purchased 20% of future lithium carbonate output from the largest Chinese lithium mining company - lithium shipments starting this year already.

Tesla is going to be in a very, very good position in the Chinese auto market...

This factory is ~5 times bigger by square footage than the Gigafactory? Am I getting this right?
212 Acres give or take, need parking, external utilities, finished goods parking.

GF1 started at 1,000 acres and exercised the option to buy an additional 1,864 acres so the GF1 site is over 13x the size.

Fremont is 370 acres.

Looking forward into next year and what I assume will be the introduction of the model Y (and hopefully my Leaf replacement) is there any reason why Tesla can’t raise funds for factory build out by using the same capital raising scheme they used last time? EG, 1000 dollar deposits. Is there any legal reason they can’t repeat this method as, it least in my eyes, it seems like it worked well last time. Interest free loan by those of us willing to do it. I asked this reason in an earlier post but other than a bunch of disagrees no one explained why this wouldn’t work.

The model 3 wasn’t right for us, partly because of timing (financial) and partly because Angela is fixed on a hatchback...which I kind of like as well.

Just curious if anyone thinks Tesla will go this route for raising capital again.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
If I can get my fat old fingers to work, i think there is a good question on whether we ever see a metal roof on the M 3. As I understand it the installation of the dash and wiring harness are expensive manual operations. The opening in the roof may add access by robots that is easily closed in afterwards by glass sheets not subject to painting.
I've thought about this a bit recently. I think a Model 3 would make an awesome police car. They need a lot of hardware on top (light bar etc.), and a lot of glass on top would be a negative feature.

Reactions: dqd88 and SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.