Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is averagely producing 250-300 additional model 3s per month. According to my estimation, we will see numbers like about 1500/month model 3s by June and 3400/month by December.. Unfortunately, we will miss the 5000/week (or 20000/month) target again this year.. It is a reality check
Seem to be a lot of money betting you’re right. We will see soon. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Tenable
Model 3's seem to be moving as there was a half dozen at Charlotte waiting on owners with another truck arriving today. After driving my Model 3 back home I am DEFINITELY keeping my stock. :)

I picked up my Model 3 yesterday and the pickup was smooth and the fit and finish is very good as we did not see a single issue. The delivery tech did a good job setting up the car for the wife and he answered my questions. The only issue was the navigation said we were still in CA and the tech said that would clear up with some driving.

The car is great, seats were comfortable for me and my 4’ 11” wife. Visibility is very good and I got to drive it home through the mountains 182 miles to home. What fun!

The car drives like a dream, quiet at 62-64 DB at 65 mph, powerful, and handles VERY well. It is almost as much fun to drive as the Roadster and puts the Volt to shame. Efficiency is awesome, I started with 307 miles and arrived home with 130 miles, averaging 238 watts/mile, and I was far from hypermiling and I gained about 1000' in elevation in the drive.

The only issue was the navigation still said I was in CA even after 150 miles. I did call and was told it could easily take 100 miles and I was driving in an area with very spotty coverage. But when the navigation was still off at home, I called again, Tesla Nashville said there was an issue with the GPS and the firmware not updating and so they wanted to see the car. So they are coming TODAY with a loaner Model S and are taking my car back. So while I am very disappointed my car is going back so soon, I am very impressed that Tesla literally jumped on the issue immediately.
Model3.JPG

Tesla is averagely producing 250-300 additional model 3s per month. According to my estimation, we will see numbers like about 1500/month model 3s by June and 3400/month by December.. Unfortunately, we will miss the 5000/week (or 20000/month) target again this year.. It is a reality check

I may be mistaken, but, I believe Elon Musk has said the production ramp is intended to be an S curve (probably some others here can confirm this).

While a major wrench has been thrown in the plan for the past 6 months at the GF, that is expected to be resolved within a couple of months... so, on to S curve likely.

Reactions: madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.