Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict ASP for EAP optioned cars to go up about $3K...

View attachment 344342

Are you saying ASP will go up due to more cars purchased with EAP? Or that they will increase price of EAP by 3k? New computer may be on par cost wise (or lower) so better GM.

Musk dodged a question from WIRED Thursday about the nature and exact function of the chip his team is working on. But he did say it had features that address shortcomings of graphics chips that limit their efficiency—perhaps a reference to Nvidia. Musk said Tesla engineers calculate their chip will match the performance of existing products while consuming a tenth of the power, and costing a tenth of the price.

Are you saying ASP will go up due to more cars purchased with EAP? Or that they will increase price of EAP by 3k? New computer may be on par cost wise (or lower) so better GM.

Those who bought EAP would add FSD for certain if the sales advisers dangled "free" chip upgrade at time of purchase.

It was safe for Elon to announce this as Tesla must already be impacted to the point that people won't be canceling orders to wait for AP3 built in.

Those who bought EAP would add FSD for certain if the sales advisers dangled "free" chip upgrade at time of purchase.

It was safe for Elon to announce this as Tesla must already be impacted to the point that people won't be canceling orders to wait for AP3 built in.

If EAP does not need the new HW (per Elon's tweet), what is the incentive to upgrade before FSD SW is released?
Paying for the FSD upgrade gets you the new HW when it comes out (same tweet), no reason to wait to get it stock.

If exclusive FSD software feature start rolling out, that will boost FSD with purchase. Until then, FSD boosts the deferred revenue (and cash) line items...

Reactions: Boomer19
Is this the TSLA stock movements thread?
What is causing the rise today?
NASDAQ is up about 2% so that's nice. TSLA is 3% above that.
General bad news about ICE manufacturers
Morgan Stanley changing their tune about Model 3 ?
General good news about Tesla? (million mile drive units, FSD computer upgrades, general Model 3 sales success)

I think the first week of November will be awesome for Tesla... the October sales estimates news will be out, followed by the Q3 ER.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Is this the TSLA stock movements thread?
What is causing the rise today?
NASDAQ is up about 2% so that's nice. TSLA is 3% above that.
General bad news about ICE manufacturers
Morgan Stanley changing their tune about Model 3 ?
General good news about Tesla? (million mile drive units, FSD computer upgrades, general Model 3 sales success)

I think the first week of November will be awesome for Tesla... the October sales estimates news will be out, followed by the Q3 ER.

Also the SEC settlement sign-off by a judge? Agreed, I'm really looking forward to November! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.