Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly disagree with him, but NFLX closed at $367.65 on 18 Sep and TSLA at $284.96 on 18 Sep, both higher than today even after a big rise in respective share prices.

But that’s his statement from 2017.

He’s down over 100% on Netflix, depending on date position opened.

He’s up 10-30% on Tesla depending on date position opened, but certainly was helped by outside factors.

And he’s down roughly 10% on BMW and it’s bleak future.

That would be awesome. I like to think that it's Elon hanging out with us. Why not?

Seriously, I would be very surprised if Elon does not surf a little at TMC from time to time to relax from the trolls waiting for him to show up at Twitter. Also some syntax he used lately are kind of prove he was here. Its no secret he has a hard time to find sleep and enjoys interacting with people who share the same mission so it makes sense.

Why not. Lets face it he gets pressure everywhere and from time to time you need some positive energy to move ahead.

As of posting, I did not find him here yet. Writing is like a DNA or fingerprint and you can identify a person how he puts sentences together as well as some other indications. But what do I know ....

He’s up 10-30% on Tesla depending on date position opened, but certainly was helped by outside factors.

You are right. Haven't noticed it's from last year. Well, good luck to him with his "investments". :)

Reactions: Thekiwi
Ouch....1/2 bn $ loss today.

I am not sorry, sorry.

Ihor Dusaniwsky‏ @ihors3

$TSLA short interest $8.44 billion, 32.62 million shares shorted, 25.58% of float. We saw 558k of short covering this week. #Tesla shorts down $552 million in mark-to-market losses today on 6.8% price move, but are still up $339 million year-to-date.

DpqA_zLXcAUx7ls.jpg

In my view that kind of fund managers are unlikely to change their view. Based on his statement, he doesn't understand those companies at all. If he can't understand Tesla, Netflix, BMW in the first place, he won't understand them later. I think his fund will be wiped out at some point.

To give you an extreme example, if a company holds 100 ton of gold, meanwhile the company does some gold mining, made a little bit of money by the year end because the mining activity was very costly, P/E is 200. This manager would view that as very expensive. They were taught a P/E of 10~15 is more appropriate. Netflix has large amount of content that people will continue to pay $10 a month to subscribe, and they are ready to expend into china. Their subscription could double to $20B a year. They also could monetize on these 200 million subscribers in the future, in addition to the monthly fee... Not saying NFLX is a good buy now, I'm saying that manager doesn't know what he is doing.

Edit: the manager talked about Netflix P/E is 200. Does he understand that's because Netflix is using all the revenue to produce more content, which is the right thing to do. He should have shorted Amazon in the past, because Amazon never had good earnings.

Last edited:
Earnings Calendar | Markets Insider
Now which of these might potentially be market-moving or moving TSLA?
With all due respect, who tf cares?
Tesla often disregards larger market moves, and are any of our timelines even short enough for this to matter?
When Tesla's OWN earnings report hits, we'll have a juicy ol' time, I reckon

Seriously, I would be very surprised if Elon does not surf a little at TMC from time to time to relax from the trolls waiting for him to show up at Twitter. Also some syntax he used lately are kind of prove he was here. Its no secret he has a hard time to find sleep and enjoys interacting with people who share the same mission so it makes sense.

Why not. Lets face it he gets pressure everywhere and from time to time you need some positive energy to move ahead.

As of posting, I did not find him here yet. Writing is like a DNA or fingerprint and you can identify a person how he puts sentences together as well as some other indications. But what do I know ....
Or maybe he does post here and we just aren't intelligent enough to actually read his posts. They just look like white noise (the text equivalent I guess).

In my view that kind of fund managers are unlikely to change their view. Based on his statement, he doesn't understand those companies at all. If he can't understand Tesla, Netflix, BMW in the first place, he won't understand them later. I think his fund will be wiped out at some point.

To give you an extreme example, if a company holds 100 ton of gold, meanwhile the company does some gold mining, made a little bit of money by the year end because the mining activity was very costly, P/E is 200. This manager would view that as very expensive. They were taught a P/E of 10~15 is more appropriate. Netflix has large amount of content that people will continue to pay $10 a month to subscribe, and they are ready to expend into china. Their subscription could double to $20B a year. They also could monetize on these 200 million subscribers in the future, in addition to the monthly fee... Not saying NFLX is a good buy now, I'm saying that manager doesn't know what he is doing.

Edit: the manager talked about Netflix P/E is 200. Does he understand that's because Netflix is using all the revenue to produce more content, which is the right thing to do. He should have shorted Amazon in the past, because Amazon never had good earnings.
Growing subscriber base aside, content is an asset. To the under 40 crowd Netflix is basically a utility. If you think a company that is so popular as to have it's name enshrined in casual conversation as short hand for "adult time" is going anywhere in the near term you are nuts.

Ford privilégie la fermeture de l’usine de Blanquefort, un choix « indéfendable » pour Le Maire

French newspaper LeMonde talking about how Ford is closing down a factory in Blanquefort, Gironde costing jobs to around 847 people. Hope those good people can find a job somewhere else -- preferably Tesla :)

By the time Tesla gets around to making their European GF they will surely have a choice of several former car production sites, that can be had for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.