Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anton "Tesla Killer" Wahlman. The guy who wrote the following piece in 2014:
Audi '15 a8 is a 868-mile-range tesla-killer, and diesel is the secret
(Ignore the headline, since he can't be assumed to have written it).
The guy is just another auto "analyst" who doesn't know *sugar*.

You sure he doesn't know *sugar*? The A8 sold almost one car in total every 2 days for the month of Sept in the U.S. LoL.
Total sales: 14 cars in the U.S. HAHAHAHAHAH

Audi A8 / S8 US car sales figures

Ignore the Model S footage. Some new incite to Munro's 30% margin. So apparently that 30% margin is only achievable according to him if it a Tesla was built from a conventional manufacturing plant with higher efficiency and lower/fewer paid workers. He talks about the complexity of the Model 3's body, but perhaps much is attributed to the model 3 being the safest car in the world.

While the video and associated bloomberg article are "new", I'm pretty sure this is just a rehash of material from early this year, before Monroe said he had to eat crow and was wrong about a bunch of things, which was just before whoever paid for the teardown report (most likely UBS) muzzled him under threat of lawsuit to shut up about how great the car is.

If the footage of him talking here is ACTUALLY new, then he's either getting paid or threatened to walk back his praise, and spin things negatively.

While the video and associated bloomberg article are "new", I'm pretty sure this is just a rehash of material from early this year, before Monroe said he had to eat crow and was wrong about a bunch of things, which was just before whoever paid for the teardown report (most likely UBS) muzzled him under threat of lawsuit to shut up about how great the car is.

If the footage of him talking here is ACTUALLY new, then he's either getting paid or threatened to walk back his praise, and spin things negatively.

Well we all thought 30% margin was a little high, but what he is saying I guess makes more sense.

He did not walk back his praises. He praises the car plenty in the video. In fact he gave the car and Tesla the ultimate praise, stating that if Telsa was made by Toyota, having their manufacturing capabilities, the car will absolutely stump everything and no one will ever catch up.

I just realized the guy who orders the mid range Model 3 today only pays extra $6250, compared to the guy who orders the base Model 3 next Feb. (Assume he can get $7500 tax rebate this year, $3750 next year).

For that price he gets longer range, premium interior (glass roof, premium audio, 12-way power seats, etc), also the best part, a higher resale value.

Purely from value point of view, I think this is a much better deal than the $35k base Model 3.

Twitter from Elon: "Model 3 long range, rear wheel drive is still available for ordering off menu for another week or so"

Elon Musk on Twitter

So can I take Silver off menu?

Vegan steering wheel off menu?

Now LR RWD is off menu?

Is the Tesla or In'N Out Burger?

upload_2018-10-18_20-8-52.jpeg

I just realized the guy who orders the mid range Model 3 today only pays extra $6250, compared to the guy who orders the base Model 3 next Feb. (Assume he can get $7500 tax rebate this year, $3750 next year).

For that price he gets longer range, premium interior (glass roof, premium audio, 12-way power seats, etc), also the best part, a higher resale value.

Purely from value point of view, I think this is a much better deal than the $35k base Model 3.

Especially for someone who wants an SR with PUP. It's only a $1250 difference for customers who qualify for the full tax credit to buy an 40 extra miles of range. Smoking deal.

Last edited:
It’s an offset, he’s paying for the shares. It’s cash to the balance and a liability in outstanding shares. It is positive for the quarters cash flow,

could it mean the new Tesla chip is now in the car, so FSD in only a software update?
no, the new chip is not being produced yet. Its supposed to make its way into cars next year.

Congrats! Were you waiting for SR + PUP? Seems like many who were holding off for SR + PUP have the perfect excuse to pull the trigger now.
I'm still trying to figure out how to swing any purchase. Since I can't get a tax break for buying an EV every dollar counts and the lemur splits the difference nicely. The greater range of the LR would be much better for me (900 mile trips), but the MR still gets better range than the SR.

Still not sure how I could afford it. Lots of debating going on. In the end, will probably not get a Tesla this year after all. Somehow I don't think I'll get much trade in for 20 year old economy cars...

I don't really think so. So far I've owned my AWD 3 for a month and now it's gone down in price $1,000 and because of when I picked it up I didn't get a die-cast car either when lots of other people did. Tesla's pricing shenanigans are what they are and everyone eventually gets screwed at some point, but I really wanted a little car. :(
Me too. Little car that got away.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.